Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 616212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think it's funny all the people asking for electronics to be added.

That's the worst thing they could do to this and I'm glad it's not included.

I would imagine the galvatron will be better and this is just a quick done up piece. They've got a while to perfect it. But not a reason I want it but cool anyway

So it's been extended until October 6th now. Should make it easier for some.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    So it's been extended until October 6th now. Should make it easier for some.
    Yes... the main Hasbro Pulse page has been extended to the end of NYCC, so maybe their current numbers just aren't quite at 8,000 yet and they need an extra little push like they got at SDCC.

It must have been a snap decision, as the Australian product pages still end August 31st.
    (just in case this is just an extension for American orders, pre-order here before the end of tomorrow just in case)

Couldn't hurt for everywhere else to extend too, so we'll see what happens. Would give more of a chance now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Couldn't hurt for everywhere else to extend too, so we'll see what happens. Would give more of a chance now.
    We need a legitimate looking scenario to fudge the numbers.
    Let's give them another 4 weeks. Sounds great! Lunch?

Typical, I just backed it last night at 3 AM.

Now to wait until 2021 when I can start making jokes about paying off my Uni fees*...

*patent pending.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I suspect they may just need more time to integrate the international orders, which seem to be quite large. There was a HUGE jump up to 5000 after doing this, and it may be that they are anticipating last minute orders across the globe to make the difference.

I rather suspect if its close enough they'll fudge the numbers though, because they spent SO much design money getting it to this stage. But if they don't make enough profit (this is my real concern) we won't see future haslab offerings on this scale.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The TakaraTomyMall listing has now ended (they had their cut-off today), but have added a note to say that the reservation period is to be extended, but people have to wait a bit for it to resume.

The Zing & EB listings still end tomorrow, and now that it is the weekend, they are unlikely to be extended before it ends. It's possible that they could re-open the pre-orders, but who's going to take that risk if they wanted one. We had a such a great deal for Unicron with only $100 needed until it is released, anyone who wants one who can afford that amount, should order by tomorrow night. I don't think that an extension here would generate too many more orders, as everyone knew about the deadline being tomorrow, and didn't have to pay a large portion of the toy to secure one. If you are still undecided today after 3 weeks of it being available here, or are still not sure if you can (or should) afford this $848 toy, another month won't make much difference.
    The extension may only end up being for those two places that require full payment upfront (Japan & America), as it wasn't as fair for them to pay all of that this quickly.

I'll keep an eye out on Zing/EB next week anyway, in case they put back up the listings.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I rather suspect if its close enough they'll fudge the numbers though, because they spent SO much design money getting it to this stage. But if they don't make enough profit (this is my real concern) we won't see future haslab offerings on this scale.
    Well that’s the multi-million dollar question - if they make enough profit. If Unicron turns out to be a cash cow then it’s possible that for the 40th or even 45th anniversary of Transformers we could see a Cybertron/Primus figure on a similar scale. Whilst not nearly as iconic as Unicron, I could see most folk who shelled out for The Chaos Bringer considering shelling out similar cash for his similarly scaled counterpart.