Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

From JAN 7th here, and also told to me again today that they are still on track for this date....

For those who have one on order at EB/Zing, they are on track for release/pick up early-mid March. That's current info from Hasbro as of today.
    So if you are still saving up or paying it off in advance, you have about 8 weeks left.... plan ahead, because I'm sure they will easily find new customers if you aren't able to pay for it as soon as it arrives.
    So now it is down to about 5 weeks left... if anyone is still yet to start paying it off, or saving up the rest of what they owe (to pay on pickup), time is running out.
    Because when they come in, the stores may not want to hold them for more than a few days, as they will be too big to keep in the back, and they won't want the big brown boxes blocking areas of the store and get in the way of customers (who can't touch or buy them).

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    The biggest Transformer ever... and griffin's looking at butts. Buttformers.
    I didn't even notice until you pointed it out -i skimmed over the photos.
    Now I'm staring at mens butts.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Should be an option up top saying open preorders.
    That vanished months ago for me....

I've paid for mine already through another company. So am looking forward to getting it, hopefully around the same time as other sources like EB/Zing

New update with a video on assembly.
    https://hasbropulse.com/blogs/hasbro...icron-update-5

So.... the maw... thoughts?

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, I'm not ranting and raving like the ... people ... over on TFW2005... So much stupid over there, I've had to unsubscribe from the thread (again...).

I don't mind it, but I've not really looked at it too closely. What's the point? I've bought it, and it'll turn up later this month (or maybe next month). It's on the way. The time to have any changes made (if there was one) was months ago.

Anyway, I'm not fussy. I'll simply be happy when it arrives.

And now, having watched that video above and seen just how they paint it (I did wonder if it was all manual, or if there was some automation), there's no way in hell I'm going to complain about the price. Can you imagine the cost if it was made in a non-3rd-world country with a decent standard of living and decent wages?

Oh no, so much styrofoam. That noise puts me on edge somewhat shocking. Even thinking about it as I type this I'm getting goosebumps.

I am dreading the answer JJJ, but what are they tearing up about?

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I am dreading the answer JJJ, but what are they tearing up about?
    The colour of the plastic surrounding the teeth in the planet mode maw. In the prototype that plastic was orange. As seen in the latest videos (got to 2:48 in the video a few posts up), it is now the blue-grey of the shell.

Yep, that's it.

Now sure, it isn't entirely cartoon accurate, but ... bloody hell, some of those people over there have insane entitlement issues. The last few weeks, especially since it was announced that Robotkingdom has physical possession of stock, have been full of people angrily demanding this, that, and the other from Hasbro like their little worlds depend on it.