Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2232373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan-backed Hasbro project: Unicron

What was the planned diorama mode?

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post

Bah. The site has a sucky culture, and actively brings out the worst of fandom.
    Spot on.

I'm having a break from that place, I get no enjoyment posting there any more. For me, Transformers are all about fun and so many posters on there suck all the fun out of this hobby.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Think titan in city mode. The design sketch that has been made available doesn't look promising, and I'm very glad it was scrapped. I don't care for the idea itself; I get that others do. But what was sketched would have horribly compromised the other two modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Apparently it was in last year's Generations book.

It basically has Unicron lying down on its back... looking like someone giving birth...

I'll say it again, everything has city mode if you blow it apart and lay it down

Think titan in city mode. The design sketch that has been made available doesn't look promising, and I'm very glad it was scrapped. I don't care for the idea itself; I get that others do. But what was sketched would have horribly compromised the other two modes.
    I'm in it for the various movie scene bits you can see in it, provided of course that they do not intrude on the integrity of the figure. Must not have been the case though if they scrapped it. I wonder how close you could get to it with the final figure, if they even share the same transformation scheme.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

That doesn't look great. Weird how one foot is under the ring and one is over.

The diarama mode would have been cool, as the movie had so many scenes internally within Unicron that it would have been nice to homage.

But I think realistically, the diarama feature was not going to be a major part of the play pattern (if indeed any "play" will happen with most of the Unicrons purchased) that it makes sense to have removed for the sake of the design.

The blue maw is disappointing. I understand why people feel jilted by it - all production samples and prototypes seemed to indicate that it would be a wholly yellow maw the way it appeared in the movie, and is a very noticeable difference to the source inspiration. For it to be changed without warning or explanation at such a late stage is disappointing and somewhat betrays the trust and excitement that the process up to now had generated.

Will it stop me from enjoying this figure - no. Do I understand the anger - yes.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

But it wasn't changed at a late stage. It was clearly visible months ago in a previous update, if people had bothered to look.

But it wasn't changed at a late stage. It was clearly visible months ago in a previous update, if people had bothered to look.
    Depends where you say it was visible...

The update from the Instruction guys house.... had 2 unicron, and "Blue maw" was mostly unpainted. "Yellow maw" appeared to be the original prototype.

Or the video with the unboxing, where paint wasnt final, and some of the plastic was swapped for final (head base plastic for example). That had blue maw, but was not described as final product, or match the final update