Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 818232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron at Zing/EB Games

Just got back from picking mine up.

Ended up being lighter than I expected it to be.

But my god! The box.
    So big...

Ended up not fitting inside the car....
    Had to take it out of the box in the car park
    Flat pack the box

And sorta force the styrofoam insert through the door

Took like 10 minutes and a lot of trial and error and disbelieving giggling

But it?s home now.

I have no idea where I put my Centurian Drone accessories. I need to find it so I can put my grey Optimus Prime on the little stand.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post

Ended up being lighter than I expected it to be.

But my god! The box.
    So big...

Flat pack the box

And sorta force the styrofoam insert through the door

Took like 10 minutes and a lot of trial and error and disbelieving giggling

But it?s home now.
    Yeh I got caught out too today picking mine up. One fit in the boot of my RAV4 but because I had my family with me (we were already out) I wanted to sit with the 2nd in the back seat but it wouldn't fit through the door. So had to make two trips but got there in the end. Haven't opened one yet but have the week off so will have some time to get it set up.

Can confirm, 2 unicrons will fit inside an i20 😂 My ute doesnt fit in the shopping centre car park so had to run the risk

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Loaded it into my car with no issues. Hatchbacks are great

No headless horror story here. All present and correct, nothing missing, nothing broken, and I've transformed it. Damn those are some sturdy clips and ratchets. Definitely had a bunch of "oooooh" moments.

All in all, very happy with my new toy

Yes, how to properly attach it to the stand should be front and centre in the instructions. That was poorly done, as were a couple of other points in the booklet. Hasbro will Hasbro, I guess...

Was anyone seriously after that digital comic?

And now a sprog has set up camp in the empty outer box...

Mine is assembled and in planet mode sitting in the middle of the loungeroom floor. It certainly has presence.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Flat pack the box
    Well I feel a little less foolish then. I have a decent sized ford falcon, and while there?s plenty of room inside the car its too big to fit through the bloody doors.
    Zing were really nice about it and let me park it back in the store, so I?m having to get a friend with fold down seats and a big boot. I actually didn?t think about dismantling the box, but am glad that I waited. I am going to have to do some serious rearranging indoors though if I want to fit the rings on Unicron, but will cross that bridge later once he?s home safe and sound. First world problems, lol.

Thanks for sharing Firestorm.... I feel less silly now!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Really liking the shade of orange it turned out to be, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Really liking the shade of orange it turned out to be, too.
    Not orange yes.... wing orange not so much

Just wanted to let people know, as I asked at the store today - you have 7 days to return it after you have opened it, if it has something significantly wrong and you prefer a refund.
    After that, it could be like games & consoles, in that it could be more difficult to get a refund or replacement after that, as it it could be claimed that you had enough time to find something wrong and could have damaged it yourself.
    Australian consumer law covers defective items, but there has to be a limit to the amount of time you take to find out that an item is defective, and I guess EB Games limits theirs to 7 days due to most of their sales are computer games and consoles.
    (not defending them, just passing on what I was told - but I would imagine that people here getting Unicron have waited almost 18 months for it and spent nearly a grand... it would be unusual to just leave it sealed in the box for more than a few days, even if it is just to have a sneak peek at the awesomeness)

It took me two trips to get my two home, as I could only fit it through the front passenger door of my car... just. The back doors and boot were too small for a commodore sedan.
    I'll wait until the weekend to open them.