Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10202526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Unicron at Zing/EB Games

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    Opinions may change over time though. You might not have wanted one then but after seeing 1+ years of news about it from production shots to final shots, it may have changed your mind.
    Yeah, this is exactly why I ordered one anyway in case I did change my mind. Because as has been pointed out if you change your mind later you're gonna pay $$$tupid for it.

And yes, as it turns out I did change my mind. I will keep my Unicron when it shows up to me.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Sorry, I came off really mean in my post and that wasn't my intention.

I can certainly understand if you weren't initially interested or unaware of it happening at all but more info or even the show changed your mind although I personally would've put down the $100 deposit anyway since you could always cancel.

Heck, I originally had 2 but cancelled one and selling my other one to someone who missed out.

I just find it hard to sympathise that much with someone who knew about, wanted it but missed the Australian preorders when you could do a Google search to confirm whether it was coming here or not.
    That's the fun fact.. I did. There was no planned release or release date for Aus with no indication it was coming. And it was not that I didn't want it, nearly every site at the time said it wasn't coming and unsure if it ever would to Aus - that was until at some point EB picked it up.

Further to that, unlike a lot of people here collecting for years, I only just got back into it in Earthrise. I missed all of Siege except the few rereleases in the last few months. In fact, Unicron would have been my first Transformer in over 25 years I would have gotten had I found out it was an EB release. But not being in the scene, or collecting, with what information was out there, kinda hard to "KNOW" what is happening.

I think you just underestimate there is more reasons than you think there are as to why someone didn't pick it up. Nor was I asking for any sympathy or anything. Just a mild hope. We miss enough Transformers as it is in Aus (so I've found out), and I definitely wouldn't be saying the same to anyone who misses out on releases we don't get or are in limited supply.

Anyways, thats enough of that. Moving on! Should I desire one that bad I will be going after market, otherwise I'm happy to sit around and wait and see if they do a reissue in the future or miss out. As I said, im excited for everyone here who managed to get one, he is a damned fine figure and impessive. I am definitely not condeming or hating on anyone who got one or more! Good on them

Someone told me that they got theirs delivered to their house last night, so Star Trak look to have been sending them out to stores and homes at the same time.
    If you don't get yours by tomorrow, probably best to contact EB Games through their website to get a status of yours.

Anyone find anything missing or defective yet?

(and for those wanting the robot teeth painted, there is someone in the Creative section offering to paint them)

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I just find it hard to sympathise that much with someone who knew about, wanted it but missed the Australian preorders when you could do a Google search to confirm whether it was coming here or not.
    The EB Games option was announced quite late in the campaign, as I recall. Or at least I saw it only late in the campaign. I was not at the time a member here (wasn't even aware that this place existed), and could easily have missed it in the Haslab Unicron thread over on TFW2005, which was generating dozens of pages each day.

I think that people who keep up with all the latest news very easily forget that not everyone knows what they do, or knows how to find out what they don't know.

-edit- Hell, I only spotted the Unicron campaign itself when it was half over.

The box is too big to fit through my attic hatch! Will have to assemble downstairs in front of eyes .....
    Was worried for a minute it wouldn’t fit in my car. Went from the boot to back seats to finally jamming in front passenger seat (pic on insta)

I just want it known that Haslab announced it July 16th, EB/Zing announced they were getting it August 9th (with listing up on the 8th) and it was extended until October 6th, so there was time but I will admit it was almost exclusively revealed online, I am online too much and shouldn't expect everyone to keep up with all the updates. I was wrong and I am sorry.

Also keep in mind that some people are only new to the online fandom like this site, since Unicron was listed (which was only for a month or two in late 2019)... like the person you were replying to, who only signed up here a year after Unicron was available... so if they were a regular on a "global" fansite, the local release may not have even been mentioned on those "American-centric" sites.

Even though we got a really good number sold in Australia, it was because we were one of the few countries that didn't have to pay the full amount up-front, but it was still almost a thousand dollars on (just) a toy... and that was hard to justify to a lot of people, especially those who are married.

Griffitn raises a good point. Because we?re all hard core plastic addicts, we probably check the toy and transformer websites on the daily (or is it just me that has that morning ritual?)...... but there?s a whole world of collectors that are only in the very early stages of addiction, and might only have discovered transformers by chance while walking past a toy isle with Siege or Earthrise (or through Netflix). To those I would say ?RUN WHILE YOU CAN? and go cold turkey, or you just might find yourself crazed enough to pay nearly a grand on a toy (sight unseen) that will be released in 18 months time.

Some people too lack the finances (or are more sane than we) to commit to such a huge purchase... even though it was just a deposit, the bill comes due eventually. Or they may have had little disposable income at the time, or a better half that would chop off their bollocks when they eventually brought Unicron home. For those with regret in their heart for not signing on, I suspect there will be a few people looking to offload their unicorns in the not so distant future. And for those thinking ?Kuching? and looking to profit on the secondary market consider this: the truly ridiculous secondary market prices paid at the moment for them will not be sustainable, many people will be burnt and left holding them, and it should come back to a (slightly!) less insane amount. And if you want to offload yours, its likely to be a pain in the proverbial to try and arrange shipping for it: Australia Post ain?t going to accept a parcel that big.

If anyone does consider offloading their?s later (for whatever reason, including threat of divorce proceedings or maintaining testicular integrity) consider advertising it in the sales section, and offer a reasonable price. You just might be able to help a fellow trans fan out like Dogboy.
    Last edited by reillyd; 9th April 2021 at 02:03 AM.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Dude.... everyone who bought would murder Hasbro if they rereleased. It was advertised as a one shot never to be rereleased.

Sad to say, your on the secondary market for one if you do want
    I don’t get this mentality. I wouldn’t care if it got reissued.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I was wrong and I am sorry.
    You're all good. I just had to give a counterpoint