Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicron at Zing/EB Games

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I saw a few posts saying some bags of accessories were empty when unboxed, as in the head missing. Others had missing instructions. Really hope issues are few and far between
    It's not good hearing about all these missing items... but knowing the history of the products and how they are made, I'm not only not surprised, but I expected it.
    This is the issue that I wanted to have people here be prepared for, and if it happens, we need to have options already ready, so that there isn't panic, and most issues could be dealt with.
    I would be hoping that Hasbro (in America) had organised to have some items sent as spare parts, like the main accessories, instructions and the swap-out parts... which I was hoping to already have an answer to, but am still waiting.

I heard Hasbro Pulse wouldn't be shipping them out all at once with final units not shipping until May iirc, so could definitely be worse.

So if they now have this proof that there are 500-700 true hardcore fans, can’t they use that to potentially get 1000 of every exclusive into the country?? Instead of just wondering “will this sell”

And yes I realise that’s not accurate... but it’s a better indicator of collector demand than shelfwarming general retail

With the mention of fixes (and a shameless plug) I’ve had a few people over on Facebook interested (5-10ish). Basically all I’m doing is painting the teeth (and the gums depends on the person) silver on unicrons lower jaw. Not doing this for money the $20 is postage materials and like $3 left over that i can use for a bottle of water cos nothing costs $3 these days

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...l-me-a-dentist

If people find a paint match for the other colours i may consider touch ups in case of paint errors on the main figure but with the price of postage that may bot happen

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    So if they now have this proof that there are 500-700 true hardcore fans, can’t they use that to potentially get 1000 of every exclusive into the country?? Instead of just wondering “will this sell”

And yes I realise that’s not accurate... but it’s a better indicator of collector demand than shelfwarming general retail
    That was the thing of possibly most interest to me from Griffin's post. Really stood out and grabbed me.

But even with exclusives, does Hasbro care about numbers as small as 1000 units?

Thank you Griffin for your insight on possible issues with Unicron. It is good to have that background info and hopefully people might be a bit more civil with EB Games if they do have a problem.

I hope mine is OK but knowing my luck I will end up with one that only has a single leg.

I was really looking forward to experiencing receiving my Unicron, and it genuinely hadn?t even occurred to me what would happen if there was a defect. I think I could live without the little mini figures (I?ll probably loose them anyway), but if its two left arms or something like that its going to suck. Similarly if damaged or missing part.

I likely WOULD be one of those crazy people making snap decisions and regretting it financially later. So Griffin is right, better to have some options lined up for repaint or repair.

And Jaxius, that?s jolly good of you to be offering such an affordable price for teeth painting. It doesn?t bother me so I won?t be taking you up on your offer, but its jolly good of you to offer your services.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    That was the thing of possibly most interest to me from Griffin's post. Really stood out and grabbed me.

But even with exclusives, does Hasbro care about numbers as small as 1000 units?

I think the most important statistic is the percentage, not the base number.

I recall with the regular Generations Selects exclusives, the numbers allocated to Australia / New Zealand are in the order of 800-1000.

However this would be less than the 4% of stock that we are taking of Unicron. We don't know the total stock run of the Selects items but I doubt we're even getting 1% of the run. And other exclusive miss us entirely.

Hopefully what Unicron has shown Hasbro is that there is a substantial market that is willing to pay money for its product that is not currently being fully attended to.

Apparently EBGames have started sending out some of the Unicrons... a few at a time, which could be why they say April 17th, as that might be the day they are expecting all of them to be delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Apparently EBGames have started sending out some of the Unicrons... a few at a time, which could be why they say April 17th, as that might be the day they are expecting all of them to be delivered.
    I spoke with my local EB manager and he said that all Unicrons should be at the warehouse and then shipped out and in-store by the 17th. So I can confirm that date.