Thread: Two new Toymate stores before Christmas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Ermmm... it’s not much more than 45 minutes from the city unless you’re driving in peak hour. I know this because I live 10 minutes away from Fountain Gate (as in further away from the city). I can get to Werribee (where my brother lives, waaaay on the other side of the city) in 60 minutes.

“Shouldn’t even be called part of Melbourne”? Really?
    And there is a lovely freeway from the east to the west to help facilitate your travel...

But seriously, FG is covered by the CFA not the MFB. I may be old school, but that's a pretty clear way to define the edge verses the ever expanding monster that is Melbourne. Hell wait long enough and my childhood home 250KM away will be part of Melbourne one day!!

But talking to someone at the Lego Store opening this morning from there, it took them 90 mins to Doncaster this morning.... And I'm another 30 mins from Doncaster away from FG.... 2 hours for an overpriced SS Bumblebee with Charlie i don't think so.

CFA/MFB boundaries are a farce. A pretty poor way of “defining” the edges of the city. No doubt it’s sprawling, but yeah, still Melbourne.

There generally tends to be roads and freeways between places, and their goal is usually to assist people getting from place to place. So you’re certainly correct about that.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

So did anyone get to go to the grand opening today?

I was intending to go but life with kids got in the way!

I was at work, and again today. I saw on Facebook they have a huge number of $40 leader Skyshadows (that were in Toy Kingdom Fountain Gate a year or so back). I will probably pop in on Tuesday this week.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Theres also a new NSW store at Erina fair & ACT store for Canberra on the way. Both are in the Toys R us locations. Erina Fair opens this saturday

Quote Originally Posted by CaminusPrime View Post
    Theres also a new NSW store at Erina fair & ACT store for Canberra on the way. Both are in the Toys R us locations. Erina Fair opens this saturday
    Well I thought the thread already included the new one in Canberra. It's been in the facebook for months already but just saw the signs last weekend for opening last week of November. It's taking the TRU spot as well in Majura. Looks like they are taking some strategic locations of TRU.

The Brisbane/Logan store apparently opened today according to the Toymate website, and next weekend they have the Canberra store opening (at Majura Park shopping centre, next to the airport).

That's now 22 stores in five states/territories. ToysRUs had about 35-40 stores at their peak, in six states/territories (they had stores in South Australia, which Toymate doesn't yet have).