Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MPG Raiden

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I had to Google what a Raiden TF was. Assumed it was another cross over with Mortal Kombat
    I'm not 100% sure, but given the fact that the TF Raiden is a Japanese only character, the name is probably actually the same as Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2, not Raiden from Mortal Kombat.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but given the fact that the TF Raiden is a Japanese only character, the name is probably actually the same as Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2, not Raiden from Mortal Kombat.
    In all these three instances, 'Raiden' is Japanese for 'thunder, lightning', first and second syllable respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    In all these three instances, 'Raiden' is Japanese for 'thunder, lightning', first and second syllable respectively.
    Yes, in Japanese that is correct. But in Mortal Kombat, a game made by Americans, Raiden is said completely differently than how the Japanese say it. That was my point.

It would be more correct to point at Metal Gear's Raiden as a counterpart to TF Raiden, rather than Mortal Kombat's Raiden.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Wonder if they will end up doing this alternate Diaclone deco too.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This has went back stone cold. I heard zip, and is all again just trying to hype up something. Disappointed.

Here's our first look at what MP Trainbot Shouki might look like, from the upcoming TF Generations Book 2021.

Last edited by griffin; 14th May 2021 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added copy of book scan

I think I prefer the alternate colour scheme.

Leaks of TakaraTomy toys used to be quite rare, but now we've had a second possible Masterpiece leaked in just one week... so, could this be one of the mythical Masterpiece Trainbots? (it would be Shouki if it is legit)

The source is said to be from China, so if it is from one of the factories, they would also be doing test shots of Transformers for the Japanese market as well as the Hasbro market... but TakaraTomy are usually pretty good at making sure that the factories don't leak anything, as I don't recall offhand any Masterpiece leaks that weren't from TakaraTomy officially.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th August 2021 at 09:30 PM.

Yes, this is Shouki. I know the Trainbot names by heart... although I only know the meaning of one of their names (Yukikaze means "blizzard").

I'm really keen to see more of this team & very interested to see what they do with a Masterpiece combiner team.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Some more leaked images and a mysterious tweet by TakaraTomy suggests that the Masterpiece Trainbots will be under a new sub-line called MPG - Masterpiece Gattai (which roughly translates to Combine or Union).
    Since the Trainbots are a Combiner, and the first Combiner Team to be released in the Masterpiece line, it makes sense that TakaraTomy would make a big deal over it, and package them in a special way to make it obvious that you need to collect the set to complete the combiner.

It apparently also says that the official reveal will be done very soon.