Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Super 7 licensed figurines

The Unicron is really a surprising thing to see.

Seeing that it's been resurrected in this form makes me wonder if there's a possibility Hasbro might consider a Fan-backed G1 Unicron toy? I think there could be enough G1 collectors out there that would back such a thing. (I'm thinking literally a G1 type toy like those third party scramble city Ice Age combiners)

There was an image going around a while back where someone had mocked up what that prototype toy might have looked like had it been released back in the 80s and I think there's appeal. (Was an April Fools joke see here: https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...n-box.1230037/ )

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There was an image going around a while back where someone had mocked up what that prototype toy might have looked like had it been released back in the 80s and I think there's appeal. (Was an April Fools joke see here: https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threa...n-box.1230037/ )
    I almost expect Super 7 to reissue this ReAction Unicron as part of a retro-boxed a 2-pack (designed like the one in your link) together with a figure of him in planet mode.

I would seriously consider buying 2-packs like that, for characters who can't realistically have a properly transforming toy without a lot of kibble, or one mode not looking like it should - eg Jhiaxus.

I also don't know why they don't look at doing various human characters from Transformers. After all, the Super7 figures are accepted as being non-converting licensed toys, so why not have characters who don't transform (human or non-human)... so that we have toy versions of the more popular characters (even those characters that Hasbro has done so far, but only given us tiny micro figures or non-articulated figures - eg the Witwicky's)
    Hasbro could have done a whole range of Transformers Humans and Aliens from their extensive range of GIJoe moulds (like FunPub ended up doing), and yet, it's just a wasted opportunity.

I was thrilled to see Super 7 do an Alligatorcon (Prime) figure and I will definitely be grabbing this Unicron as it's as close as I'll ever get to the actual prototype. I'm hoping they'll do an Autobot X (Spike) figure at some point too.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Super 7 ReAction line might be our only chance of getting 3.75" figures of TF's human characters. I can't imagine another licensee taking the risk but with Super 7 making Alligatorcon, there's hope.

I'd like to see all the characters from the "Only Human" episode, including a retool of Cobra Commander.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm loving Super 7's output.

They really hit the spot for me. Totally getting this wave.

It'll be tempting to get a few Sharkticons too.

Some nice official images have surfaced of the next wave of Super7 licensed figurines, which are said to be coming out around December.
    (note that the Unicron figure is twice the size of the rest of the "regular" figures)

Two more Ultimates (large size) have been revealed, but I think they are just simple redecos - grey/dead Starscream and purple/reformatting Megatron.
    They are said to be out in late 2023, for us$55 each.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

As much as I like that Starscream, Ultimates are a bit too pricy for repaints.

Images of the wave 2 Ultimates, that are supposed to be coming out in February.... in package, showing their various accessories.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/11/21/...-images-470327