Page 50 of 211 FirstFirst ... 304045464748495051525354556070 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-toy Acquisitions

That Regult looks ace but it's a shame Kaiyodo have lost me as a Revoltech buyer. My last purchase was the Gurren-Lagann and when I opened the box to find out the left leg was loose and kept falling off, I just had enough. I've only started buying Revoltech figurines last year, I have a total of six and everyone of them had a loose joint and heck my VF-1A was missing the V-shpae stand. I don't know if it's just really bad luck on my behalf but yeah six mediocre experiences is enough for me.

Friend picked this up for me the other day; General Grievous from the new Star Wars Clone Wars toy line.

As I mentioned in my previous acquisition post about my newly acquired Clone Trooper I have no previous experiences with the Star Wars figurine line.

Well let me say I'm dissapointed with him. Lack of articulation was the major bummer. The Clone Trooper is chock full of joints (still can't get over how fantastic a figure he is), Grievious on the other hand isn't, no elbow or knee joints. No elbow joints is really annoying when you have his four arms, the lightsabers are in the way of one another, I had to warp and bend his soft plastic arms so the lightsabers don't clash with one another. And speaking of his hands, they don't grasp on to the lightsabers too well, they sort of just "balance" there.

I like my figurines with articulation, that's the real big thing for me. And well I just really can't recommend General Grievious, of course let me just say once again I have no prior experience with Star Wars figurines.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    I like my figurines with articulation, that's the real big thing for me. And well I just really can't recommend General Grievious, of course let me just say once again I have no prior experience with Star Wars figurines.
    Personally I have found most (nearly all) Star Wars figures to be crap in size, looks, (especially the females), general design, articulation and price.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Personally I have found most (nearly all) Star Wars figures to be crap in size, looks, (especially the females), general design, articulation and price.
    I was fooled, I was fooled by the awesome Clone Trooper into thinking other toys in the line would share it's great amount of articulation. How wrong I was.

That's the reason I only collect vehicles now, and of course Obi-Wan figures
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Cross-posted from Lego thread.

Just got home with this baby; 7676: Republic Attack Gunship.

It was a tad awkward carrying it through Melbourne Central and on the train ride home, gets a bit tiring carrying a big long box under your arm whilst you have a bag full of textbooks in the other. Got quite a few looks from passerbys as my friend said, well it does stand out quite a bit.

Currently it's sitting on my bedroom floor, I have no classes or lectures tomorrow so I'll be devoting the whole day building this. So (hopefully) expect pictures of the finished build tomorrow. I seriously can't wait to get stuck into this.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

-Second certain bare-chested sexy Greek adonis going by the name of Kratos there for Mel!
    -Assassin's Creed fig there to tease a game playing mate with.
    -Coupla mags and a new GL Corps TPB (great story)
    -I don't usually show my underwear in public (lies) but seeing as this was a pop culture thingy...2 pack of Bat-undies from Jayjays.

GT5 Prologue

These little babies at frekin $2.50 each !!!! Can't wait to back to toy kingdom and 2 more sentinels for my army. Also brought some heavy paperweight textbooks this week
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

My Street Machine arrived today (5 days before it's due to hit the shelves )

Pulse that engine on the front looks like a good reference, care to share?

Picked up a Dremel.