Page 126 of 211 FirstFirst ... 106116121122123124125126127128129130131136146 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2103

Thread: Non-toy Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    Iphone 3gs
    get tap tap revolution for battle and i'ii make you feel like going back to playing snake

Friday: MTG deck box and a few new cards.
    Today: New sketch book. The old one was full.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Batman: Arkham Asylum on PS3, bloody awesome game.

I AM THE NIGHT!!
    Agreed
    Got it on 360 and it rocks, but little gripe cos I got the collectors edition, and the game isn't in a regular case like most but a cardboard slip thingie, so if I want it on my shelf in a hard case I'd have to put the HUGE box in

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Batman: Arkham Asylum on PS3, bloody awesome game.

I AM THE NIGHT!!
    My copy (PS3 version also) arrived from VGP today and I can't agree more! It is just so well paced, so well thought out...And some of the set pieces already...Holy cheeseburgers with guacamole, Batman. Everything about the game is AMAZING.

Also received the fantastic David Lynch film 'Lost Highway' on DVD from my good pal, Stompy. I've been trying to track down a copy for a while now and Stompy managed to find a copy for me, 2 disk special edition no less! Thanks again, mate.

Finally, after years of searching for it at second hand game stores and the like, I now own Robotech Battlecry for PS2.

I passed it up at EB alot, it was $70, I thought that was too much to pay so I waited for it to come down in price. It never did and I never saw it again.

Massive thanks goes to Paulbot for selling it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Finally, after years of searching for it at second hand game stores and the like, I now own Robotech Battlecry for PS2.

I passed it up at EB alot, it was $70, I thought that was too much to pay so I waited for it to come down in price. It never did and I never saw it again.

Massive thanks goes to Paulbot for selling it to me.
    Well, that is one of the potential cons of waiting for it to "Come Down" or/& "Sold Second Hand".

to stay on topic:
    Got a PS3 Slim last Thursday..

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    RoboCop trilogy DVD set (repackaged version)
    Strangely enough, I've never seen any of the RoboCop sequels. Are they any good?

Today I received 'Escape from New York' on DVD in the mail.

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Strangely enough, I've never seen any of the RoboCop sequels. Are they any good?
    I don't like either of the sequels, however you might like RoboCop 2. For me that film's only saving graces are Peter Weller and terrific stop-motion animation.

RoboCop 3 really sucks. Not really worth the time.

Channel 7 are showing RoboCop 2 tomorrow night at 11pm, so you've got a good opportunity to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    I don't like either of the sequels, however you might like RoboCop 2. For me that film's only saving graces are Peter Weller and terrific stop-motion animation.

RoboCop 3 really sucks. Not really worth the time.

Channel 7 are showing RoboCop 2 tomorrow night at 11pm, so you've got a good opportunity to check it out.
    I also think Frank Miller (300, Sin City etc) wrote the screenplay for Robocop 2

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Trailer Park Ninja View Post
    I also think Frank Miller (300, Sin City etc) wrote the screenplay for Robocop 2
    He wrote the original screenplay, but a lot of it got thrown out in rewrites by other writers. The final film didn't have much resemblance to what he wrote.