Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 updates comments and concerns

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I can't wait to stop hearing about Trump. Just 8 more months, Just 8 more months.

Ahahahahaha. You think he’ll lose the election.

That’s cute.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Just saw a commercial on channel 7 reminding me of their impending new series of Big Brother.... as if people are going to want to watch other people trapped in a house at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just saw a commercial on channel 7 reminding me of their impending new series of Big Brother.... as if people are going to want to watch other people trapped in a house at this time.
    All you can eat Sausages, T&A... Yes they will.

Didn’t the joint burn down recently?

People in America are out protesting against the forced lockdowns saying it goes against their freedoms. You can't get any more stupid than that. Maybe this virus is mother nature's way of purging. Unfortunately innocents die and stupidity thrives.

I can't wait to stop hearing about Trump. Just 8 more months, Just 8 more months.
    Can Joe Biden live til then?

New Zealand moves to Level 3 after the long ANZAC weekend; slightly larger bubble if you need it (though think!), construction, forestry and schools, and businesses that can do contactless delivery and payments (so, drive through McDonalds etc). Fingers crossed that our tracing is actually up to standard and we don't get more and more cases and have to go back into lockdown again. I just wish we had fines like Australia and Singapore do, but we don't - just police "informing" and saying please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    I just wish we had fines like Australia and Singapore do, but we don't - just police "informing" and saying please.
    The fines are pretty good. My cousin nearly got a $13000 fine for not doing the 1.5m thing. The threat of a massive fine works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My workplace has applied for the Jobkeeper program, and even though they haven't yet been accepted, they sent out emails to us workers yesterday to have us fill in a form if we want to participate, which suggests that they will close down our worksite as soon as they are accepted by the government (which would mean, no more money until the Jobkeeper payments start in about 6 weeks time (which is meant to backdate the payments to when you were laid off).
    Obviously we would want the payments if the company isn't going to be paying us anymore, so why ask us if we want to be part of the program.
    Ironically, I would expect businesses (and shops) would be allowed to go back to work by the end of May (as the virus numbers should have bottomed out by then), so we would end up being closed down for the next 4-5 weeks, only to be told we can go back to work just before the Jobkeeper payment starts.
    I wonder - if the government say that we can relax our lockdown to let people go back to shopping and work before the end of May, would they still pay out the Jobkeeper money to people who were out of work for several weeks, but were back to work when the payments were to be sent out in about 6 weeks time.
    I might have to do some reading up on this before I sign up to anything.
    Sorry to hear this griffin. Here is the government link.
    https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/jobkeeper

From the fact sheet.
    EMPLOYEE OBLIGATIONS
    Employees will receive a notification from their employer that they are receiving the JobKeeper Payment.
    To be eligible, an employee must then complete a nomination form that indicates they meet the eligibility
    criteria and agree to a claim by the employer. Employees with more than one employer must only
    nominate with their primary employer, and a permanent employee can only nominate with their
    permanent employer (even if they have another long-term casual job).

The fines are pretty good. My cousin nearly got a $13000 fine for not doing the 1.5m thing. The threat of a massive fine works wonders.
    What? That seems excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    What? That seems excessive.
    Well, those who don't listen / care can be putting the lives of others at risk. In that context, a $13,000 fine seems reasonable, given lives are at stake.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister