Thread: Dispensor's 2020 Melbourne adventure

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Next up on Dispensor's Melbourne 2020 adventure - Toyfair photos.

In addition to the photos that were posted up of the Hasbro exhibit (in the Oz news section), these were some other photos I was able to take at the event (the Fair has a policy of not allowing photos unless expressly allowed, like for registered Media, so I had to be careful to be quick with taking photos, and as such, some didn't turn out too good).

This year's Fair booklet and bag (the bag is always sponsored by a kid-themed brand each year, but this year they had on one side, a rather dark themed image)

The unusual thing about this trade show, is that it is for business people and accountants to go in, sign up to millions of dollars of product that they have no interest in, and go home... and yet, every year, there are people paid to walk around the venue in costumes, paid for by some of the event sponsors.

The second of two photos I took of the Sky Lynx toys, showing a slightly different angle, so wasn't worth posting up in the news topic.

One exhibitor that distributes a lot of licensed merchandise, like movie props, characters, and licensed cars.

They had a Godzilla figure on the shelf that had trouble staying upright, so it's fire breath looked more like the end of a long night drinking.

A giant inflatable pickle.

This importer was trying to sell a lot of Knock Off toys, including several Transformers in boxes that copied the Studio Series boxes. (I had to be really quick with the photo, so it didn't end up focusing enough in time)

Movie statues.

This one is really amazing. Along one wall of Modern Brand's exhibit, was one of two Disney jigsaw puzzles, each with 40,320 pieces and almost 7 meters long! One features the 90 years of Mickey Mouse, while the other one is a collection of classic Disney animated films. If there was ever a Transformers jigsaw puzzle of that size, I would be all over it. (or maybe that giant Dreamwave Mega Litho poster from about 2004 done as a jigsaw puzzle would be great)

Outside the Convention Hall, there are usually a number of displays, to get visitors into the mood of toys, and also a special treat for anyone else walking past... but this year there was only one display (a Friends sofa photo-booth), while one of the cafes in the Exhibition Hall was dressed up in a kids cartoon theme.

Dispensor wanted his photo taken on the replica Friends couch, to go with the photo he had of himself in 2014 at Warner Bros Studios on the real Friends Couch (and film set).

Next up, other toys and collectables outside of the Fair.
    Last edited by griffin; 25th June 2020 at 09:01 AM.