Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long time Lurker, first time poster...

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    Fairly new to the area... just moved from Preston. It's kinda out in the edge of nowhere. Have always checked out Frankston TRU, a great place to snag the toy that is sold out everywhere else. Not sure about the Karingal Big W... where is that one? I go to the Big W in Fountain Gate.
    Karingal's closer to you than Fountain Gate. Check the Melways for it but don't worry about checking their Big W this week. I went there just yesterday....
    Nice customs too!

pretty sure that MISB Classic Megatron you want lives in the Toy Kingdom in Fountain Gate shopping centre.
    Yes, they had four last time I checked

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Karingal's closer to you than Fountain Gate. Check the Melways for it but don't worry about checking their Big W this week. I went there just yesterday....
    I was thinking of going there today, thanks TDD you just saved me the trip.

Good to have a local in that Area, too many commies up North of Melbourne
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wheel J already did my usual welcome hehehehe so a simple Welcome from me.
    hahaha! gotcha kuya!

pretty sure that MISB Classic Megatron you want lives in the Toy Kingdom in Fountain Gate shopping centre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yes, they had four last time I checked
    This is absolutely good news!

[...proceed to google map...]

ooooh.. it's an hour drive away.

I could get some hand here.

You sure are a G1 purist!
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

well guys... I have decided not to get the new henkei coneheads.
    It has been a troubling couple of days wrestling with the possibility of this (pre) purchase and I am very happy with the outcome.
    It is the certainty of picking up a classics Cyclonus, and the chance that I may find an Acid Storm cheap enough to tempt... plus the strong suggestion of a Sunstorm in the not too distant future. To be honest that is more than enough decepticon jets for my collection. I only really collect what I can display, every figure I own is on display around me. I have no plastic containers filled with toys or display cabinets 3 or 4 figures deep. It sometimes worries me when I go to Big W and pick up a figure that is worth US$7.77 and I pay AU$23.88 for it... If I paid somewhere in the range of AU$100 for a figure of the same size and quality then I'm afraid my collecting would be going in the wrong direction.

Don't worry, man, I can sympathise w/ you completely. There have been times recently I feel like I want to sell off chunks of my collection so I can have more of it on display too and just concentrating on my core collecting habits but then I get sucked back in. And w/ spending $100 a fig, it has to really be something special to you too. if you're not feeling it, chances are, you don't want it enough so you're making the right decision.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j
    It sometimes worries me when I go to Big W and pick up a figure that is worth US$7.77 and I pay AU$23.88 for it... If I paid somewhere in the range of AU$100 for a figure of the same size and quality.....
    Oh man I hate logic.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Don't worry, man, I can sympathise w/ you completely. There have been times recently I feel like I want to sell off chunks of my collection so I can have more of it on display too and just concentrating on my core collecting habits but then I get sucked back in. And w/ spending $100 a fig, it has to really be something special to you too. if you're not feeling it, chances are, you don't want it enough so you're making the right decision.
    Yeah, trust me I'm not worried... it took a lot of thought to come to this decision, but I'm happy to be here. I will still pick up (as I said) more decepticon seekers and am really looking forward to masterpiece Grimlock. I also have the feeling that I have a reissue G1 Megatron in my future, something I have never owned.

Be aware that there are legal matters around owning a gun Transformer like G1 Megatron. Laws regarding the ownership of that toy differ between states and territories. e.g.: in NSW we require a replica firearms permit and the toy(s) must be in a locked display unit housed with secured premises (see here about NSW laws on gun Megatron ownership). I'm not familiar with Victorian laws in regard to this but it's something that I would recommend that you investigate when considering the purchase of a gun Transformer.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Be aware that there are legal matters around owning a gun Transformer like G1 Megatron. Laws regarding the ownership of that toy differ between states and territories. e.g.: in NSW we require a replica firearms permit and the toy(s) must be in a locked display unit housed with secured premises (see here about NSW laws on gun Megatron ownership). I'm not familiar with Victorian laws in regard to this but it's something that I would recommend that you investigate when considering the purchase of a gun Transformer.

I thought that was only the masterpiece version of that toy? Surely many people own G1 Megatron... thousands of children of the '80's for a start.