Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long time Lurker, first time poster...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...and we know that Australian Customs are now actively looking for Megatron toys..
    do you mean that they are actively looking for them in packages coming into the country or that they are actively looking for people who own them? I'm sure when they x-ray the package and it's a gun shape then they would lose their sense of humour anyway. I read a bit of the drama of confiscated masterpieces on the net... even as far as some of the legal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...If you think the store is infringing the law then feel free to report them to the police and let them sort it out.

My comments were a bit more light hearted than that... I'm not about to rat out a toy store, besides there are a few mentions of stores carrying the Mp-05 through-out this website.

Quote Originally Posted by d*r*j* View Post
    do you mean that they are actively looking for them in packages coming into the country or that they are actively looking for people who own them?
    Customs work at point of entry. The raiding of homes would be left to police (if it came to that).

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Customs work at point of entry. The raiding of homes would be left to police (if it came to that).

On border patrol customs raid people's homes side by side with the police... unless I'm thinking of the new zealand version of that show.
    I honestly doubt that (aside from customs policy regarding importation and the possibility of a consumer complaint regarding stores that retail it) law emforcement does not and will not have any interest in this toy at all. Unless, of course, you try and rob your local milk bar with it.

That doesn't change the fact that gun Transformers like G1 Megatron are a prohibited item classified as a replica firearm, hence I think it is advisable for you to check with what legal procedures (according to your state/territory) you may have to comply with in order to legally import/own Megatron... otherwise as griffin said, it might be best not to talk about it on a public thread/forum. *cough*

Most of the talk is on the legality of the situation. Aside from my original statement of desire to obtain a toy (icon) from my childhood.
    The store which was elluded to (and not named) advertises freely of the internet and carries more than one G1 megatron openly on store shelves and on their store website. It is not a secret.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Most of the talk is on the legality of the situation. Aside from my original statement of desire to obtain a toy (icon) from my childhood.
    The store which was elluded to (and not named) advertises freely of the internet and carries more than one G1 megatron openly on store shelves and on their store website. It is not a secret.
    ...and on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    ...and on Ebay.
    lol

That's up to them, and they're running a real risk in doing so. Whether or not they end up getting into any trouble for it... is their issue. They could be raided tomorrow. In which case, the proprietor will be in the poo

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but keep in mind that at present there is no legal avenue for owning Megatron toys in Victoria. Which sucks, but that's beyond our control.

If you plan to purchase Megatron/Masterpiece Megatron, that's your decision. Personally, I _do_ own these toys and have a permit to do so (which can be obtained in NSW). I'd love to see Victorians be able to own them legally as well, but the powers that be down there haven't been very responsive to our efforts to establish a legal avenue for ownership.

We _know_ that Firearms NSW do read this board from time to time and there's no reason why their Victorian counterparts couldn't do the same. I'd recommend against talking about it publicly, at least until the Victorian government establishes a permit system or something similar.

For your reference:

Board rules:
    15 - Do not advertise, promote or advertise any illegal activity. Ownership of Megatron (and Browning) toys is in this category.... This rule is for your own protection, as well as for other members.
    Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    For your reference:

Board rules:

Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay

For your reference no-one has promoted or advertised an illegal activity.. Unless in some abstract way you can manipulate my first post regarding G1 megatron to fit that square peg into a round hole. Talking about why things are illegal and possible responses to people breaking laws are a completely different thing altogether... as a transformers website, surely this place should have information and articulate discusssion about toy censorship... especially when said censorship involves one of the 5 most iconic transformers in the history of transformers.

For your reference no-one has promoted or advertised an illegal activity.. Unless in some abstract way you can manipulate my first post regarding G1 megatron to fit that square peg into a round hole. Talking about why things are illegal and possible responses to people breaking laws are a completely different thing altogether... as a transformers website, surely this place should have information and articulate discusssion about toy censorship... especially when said censorship involves one of the 5 most iconic transformers in the history of transformers.
    He wasn't accusing you of anything. It is the responsibility of the board staff to make sure members, new AND old, are aware of the situation, to make sure that no one here gets themselves into trouble by not knowing. When it comes to potentially being arrested over a *toy*, it is better to be safe than sorry.
    Not everyone reads the board rules (there are so many of them now), so we need to help out the members in other ways (like in this topic), so that people can own Megatron in some way, without getting into trouble over it.