Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W midyear TOYSALE !!! JUNE 16 to JULY 15

I got in after about a 20min wait.

Sky Lynx - can't add to cart. "Due to unforeseen shipment delays, this product may not be available for our launch on 16 June (online) and 18 June (in store)."

All the others on sale (Generations Leaders and Voyagers, Studio Series Leaders and Voyagers) can still be added to cart.

That's quite a shame they had insufficient stock for the online launch. I think the goal of online shopping in advance was to avoid the retail hustle, but that's going to be the only way to get him. I know a lot of people will be disappointed, but he will be available more widely come September.

I'm so glad I bought mine at full retail though, rather than taking the risk for day of. They may well have more stock they're holding back for Thursday too.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Apparently people are getting emails from Big W saying their orders were cancelled due to lack of stock after ordering them hours before.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post

I'm so glad I bought mine at full retail though, rather than taking the risk for day of. They may well have more stock they're holding back for Thursday too.
    Would have loved the option, but a bit difficult when Big W have never found a reason to open a store in North Tas - despite the population of Tas being fairly evenly split north/south and Hobart having 3 stores...

It's so disappointing to hear all of this, and I feel bad about hyping up the toy sale all this time, considering no one seemed to have been able to get Skylynx, and were forced to wait on the website for ages just to find out that it was not available.

And how can we be sure that there will be more stock coming. Could all of them have been bought up already, or is the website not recognising what is still sitting out the back of the stores, because they aren't to be sold in the stores yet.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's so disappointing to hear all of this, and I feel bad about hyping up the toy sale all this time, considering no one seemed to have been able to get Skylynx, and were forced to wait on the website for ages just to find out that it was not available.
    I wouldn't feel bad, hyping up a toy sale and then not really carrying the stock to back it up is a classic Big W move by now. Though I guess the online order nonfulfilment is somewhat novel this year.

And yet I could go in store and buy it.

... When I should not have been able to until Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Wondering where to go on Thursday. Garden City is my usual but apparently no more layby there, which I wanted to use. Underwood is by far my closest and has layby but it doesn't get much in for the toy sales usually. Then Browns Plains has layby and possibly lots of stock but is 40ish min by bus.
    How about Carindale? If Underwood is your closest one, then Carindale would be similar travel time to Browns Plains, and Carindale is a semi-big store (on par with Garden City).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Apparently some stores won't have it in stock on Thursday. I was hoping to buy it online and pick it up in store, but it looks like I may need to find another alternative if I'm unlucky on Thursday :/
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    That's quite a shame they had insufficient stock for the online launch. I think the goal of online shopping in advance was to avoid the retail hustle, but that's going to be the only way to get him. I know a lot of people will be disappointed, but he will be available more widely come September.

I went into my local 5 mins before closing yesterday and saw they had 3 so was hoping i could easily click and collect. When I checked after dinner and saw it wasn't available online: I still waited til 12.01, was lucky and got a 5 min queue but in in 3, still unavailable so went to sleep.

Rather than chance it I went back at lunch and paid full retail, honestly not phased now, cbf worrying.