Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W midyear TOYSALE !!! JUNE 16 to JULY 15

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the items are on store shelf & store staff havent the foggiest idea or don't care enough during the frantic toy sale coz of rabbied in store shoppers. Just saying.
    Yeh I tried Menai too and they needed a lot of hand holding but unfortunately they came up empty also. My strategy was to call a few stores today before they get hit with the foot traffic tomorrow.

I've spoken with Hasbro Australia and they have asked BigW about the issue with Skylynx...

Of the 1500 units BigW have for the sale, only 90 units were made available for the early online launch of the sale yesterday. Stores that didn't put out their stock before the sale should have it out tomorrow for people to buy.

It's possible that clink-and -collect is available then as well but check first.

"Hey! I want my bird."

-Ivan Vanko to Justin Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I've spoken with Hasbro Australia and they have asked BigW about the issue with Skylynx...

Of the 1500 units BigW have for the sale, only 90 units were made available for the early online launch of the sale yesterday. Stores that didn't put out their stock before the sale should have it out tomorrow for people to buy.

It's possible that clink-and -collect is available then as well but check first.
    Sounds like Big W wants all the people swarming the toy aisles despite the whole coronavirus measures.

I'm at Strathpine now and there's a Skylynx sitting on the shelf. If someone wants me to pick it up, I'm happy to do so.

Ok I ended up being able to secure Mixmaster from Menai at least. On the first try they only checked the stock for Earthrise, not Studio Series. I called again and gave them the correct article numbers from the website listing.

Here's the trick with Click and Collect to make sure you get the variant you want. Once Menai told me they had a Mixmaster they said to put in a click and collect order and then call the same person an hour later to make sure I get the Mixmaster allocated to my order. I'll then pick it up on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Thanks Boss!

I just phoned Big W Maquarie Centre and asked about stock levels for Sky Lynx using the Article No 81485. They said they are sold out but expect to have more later, but don't know exactly when.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I don't think it's a store stock problem.

Last night, I saw
    8 Sky Lynx
    A few fresh cases each of ER Leaders and Voyagers
    A few fresh cases of SS Shatter and Roadbuster

(copied from our facebook page with some extra info)

After hearing a LOT of stories yesterday about a very frustrating time by many collectors, spending hours on the BIG W website trying to purchase a Skylynx toy, just to end up being unable to buy one. Since the BigW site and stores were giving mixed messages about stock being delayed or that they didn't yet receive all of the Skylynx toys, many people were now thinking that all of the Skylynx toys were now sold out, or currently not in their area, and wouldn't even bother checking the stores when the sale starts there tomorrow (Thursday).

Thanks to the wonderful people at Hasbro Australia, we have some information behind this whole online toy sale mess, to help improve your chances of getting one at this time.

-

BigW in Australia were one of the first retailers IN THE WORLD to get advance stock of Skylynx, before it was to be released globally around September (the people at Hasbro Australia made that possible).

BigW purchased 1500 units of Skylynx for this June toy sale, which is said to be enough for each store to have at least 5 units.

BigW has a separate warehouse for the online store, and ONLY 90 units (Skylynx toys) were sent to that warehouse to cover the early online toy sale that started yesterday. The remaining 94% of the Skylynx toys were at stores that the online system couldn't access... at least, not yet.

Unfortunately, the BIgW site, didn't let people know on the product page, that the bulk of the stock would be kept separate from the online sale, for in-store purchasing only.

(this might change from tomorrow if they allow for click-and-collect to access the stock in the stores)

So if you have a BigW store near you, hop on down tomorrow to see if they still have any left. Or check the site again tomorrow to see if they are allowing for click-and-collect from the stores.

-

And remember, if you miss out on Skylynx at BigW, it isn't the end of the world... there will be more coming in a few months time, at some of the other retailers, and Amazon Australia.

But good luck to everyone tomorrow, and hopefully most of you manage to get one at its discounted price of $119 (before the toy scalpers get them).

Thats about 7-8 per store if distributed equally