Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W midyear TOYSALE !!! JUNE 16 to JULY 15

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Out of stock but also removed from search and the Transformers page. If you don't have the direct link or go through the online catalogue you can't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Out of stock but also removed from search and the Transformers page. If you don't have the direct link or go through the online catalogue you can't see it
    Interesting - my order still shows as 'open', I wonder if it will actually get fulfilled...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    They may also legitimately be buying them (eg 3 or 4 units) for friends or acquaintances that can't make it to store or have difficulty finding one.
    I wouldn't want everyone being tarred with the same brush.
    Seems pretty unlikely...?

I mean, I can't speak for everyone, there's only my brother who occasionally buys transformers as well. I'm not close friends with any other adult collectors, and they'd need to be REAL GOOD friends for me to go and do a bulk buy of space shuttle lizards.

And if someone was at that level, they'd likely have a presence here anyway...

I posted in Toy Scout section already but if anyone sees a Jetfire, would they be able to buy it for me? I'll gladly pay for it plus shipping and a finder's fee. Please and thanks.

Still 10 at garden city.

Are there any Earthrise Optimus in the ACT that anyone has seen. I have only seen Astrotrains...

I've done 4 stores and no Jetfire or ER Astrotrain. Will do 2 more tomorrow morning (website says stock of these 2 product types) and if no joy, I'll draw a line under this sale.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Finally found Sky Lynx here in Tassie. They only shipped two to the Kingston store(lucky I kept checking stock availability today so I didn't miss out). I think sending 2 to the Tassie stores each is a raw deal. How many did other BigW stores get in?

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post
    Finally found Sky Lynx here in Tassie. They only shipped two to the Kingston store(lucky I kept checking stock availability today so I didn't miss out). I think sending 2 to the Tassie stores each is a raw deal. How many did other BigW stores get in?
    Someone mentioned 30 units at a Brisbane store.

That's a raw deal for Tassie alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    They may also legitimately be buying them (eg 3 or 4 units) for friends or acquaintances that can't make it to store or have difficulty finding one.
    I wouldn't want everyone being tarred with the same brush.
    I think it would be very very rare for someone to be buying four or more of one toy, but obviously quoting a number is still going to end up with a remote chance of a legitimate person purchasing several units for a group of people (which I've done once in the past, so I edited my post). However, we've already had two people here report seeing someone buying up all remaining stock of Skylynx, of 5-15 units... which isn't fair on others wanting one if they are just being sold off at inflated prices online to the people who missed out, and those are the people I care about.

Some people might think it is extreme to be photographing someone who looks to be a toy scalper cleaning out a store, but if someone was legitimately buying several units for friends at the same time, they would be someone on one of our sites, or someone here knows them to vouch for them. Even with all of the people I know who keep asking me for favours when I'm toy-hunting, I don't think I've ever bought more than 2 extra units at the one time... there are just too many variables that prevent more than 1 or 2 people wanting me to buy a toy at the same time. For someone to be seen buying 5 or 15 Skylynx toys at once so that none were left at the store, and for no one here or on our facebook page mention helping out others, or have several people crediting the same person for helping them, it's not even realistically possible in a country like ours with our small collector community.

We don't have a huge toy-scalper problem here, but with the current economic climate encouraging people to be more creative with making money, I don't want more fans missing out on limited release items just because we've sat back and let the problem get worse without at least trying to do something... or at least have people offer suggestions to help limit or prevent it from happening in future. I don't mind criticism, as long as those people are also offering suggestions for us to achieve the goal (helping out fellow fans) in a better way. When there is a problem and people complain about the first possible solution without offering up something better, it doesn't help the people we are trying to help.... it just helps the problem to continue, and probably get worse.

We can't expect retailers to do anything either, even if they enforced purchase limits, because single-item restrictions will just hurt those of us who do occasionally buy an extra toy for a friend who has asked for a favour. And toy-scalpers will work around the restrictions anyway, by just buying one at a time (with the self-checkouts making that easier).