Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W midyear TOYSALE !!! JUNE 16 to JULY 15

Does online purchasing for this sale tomorrow allow you to then click and collect that day, so that you are basically buying in-store, but just jumping the queue by two days?
    I guess if shipping is cheaper than $30, you are still getting Skylynx for less than full price... especially if you don't have a BigW near you.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    The page for Sky Lynx has this now:-

Due to unforeseen shipment delays, this product may not be available for our launch on 16 June (online) and 18 June (in store).
    I wonder if that's their shipment delays, or their supplier's shipment delays. Or if it is just a generic message that they put on products that are already running out before the sale starts.
    I would imagine that they had all of their stock already, as they were shipping them out to stores weeks ago. They probably just didn't order much (or reduced their order) because of the current economic climate. And they have 100 pages of toys to sell at the same time, so everything was probably reduced months ago when they could see how much of a downturn there was going to be for the rest of the year. To the product buyers, Skylynx was just another Transformers toy, and that brand hasn't been too hot since the last movie 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Does online purchasing for this sale tomorrow allow you to then click and collect that day, so that you are basically buying in-store, but just jumping the queue by two days?
    I guess if shipping is cheaper than $30, you are still getting Skylynx for less than full price... especially if you don't have a BigW near you.

I wonder if that's their shipment delays, or their supplier's shipment delays. Or if it is just a generic message that they put on products that are already running out before the sale starts.
    I would imagine that they had all of their stock already, as they were shipping them out to stores weeks ago. They probably just didn't order much (or reduced their order) because of the current economic climate. And they have 100 pages of toys to sell at the same time, so everything was probably reduced months ago when they could see how much of a downturn there was going to be for the rest of the year. To the product buyers, Skylynx was just another Transformers toy, and that brand hasn't been too hot since the last movie 18 months ago.
    I looked at the other 'hot ticket' items that may have been similar (especially Lego, after their shipping/hacking woes recently) and couldn't find any other examples.

Going to be mighty pissed if I can't order it after they've advertised it and blocked it from sale for the past few weeks.

(copied from our facebook page)

Tomorrow at a minute past midnight, begins the online portion of the BigW toy sale, which allows people to buy the sale items through the website for two days before the discounts are activated in-store.
    That should mean, that while stocks last, you should be able to buy items to have shipped to you, or to pick up in-store (if still available at that store).
    Otherwise, Thursday 18th will be the day you can go into a store and see what they have left, and purchase items in person... which will be necessary for items that are part of an assortment (as online purchases of those items will only give you a random selection in that assortment).

A reminder of the Transformers items that are part of this sale...
    GENERATIONS Skylynx - $119
    GENERATIONS Leader class - $49
    GENERATIONS Voyager class - $35
    STUDIO SERIES Leader class - $49
    STUDIO SERIES Voyager class - $35 (not noted in sale catalogue, but is pictured)

Sightings so far have revealed that BigW stores are only getting the first wave of Earthrise toys for the sale (Optimus, Astrotrain, Grapple, Starscream), and only the 2nd wave of Studio Series Leaders (TF3 Megatron & Jetfire), as well as the 8th wave of Studio Series Voyagers (TF1 Megatron & Mixmaster).

Based on past BigW sales, it is unlikely that they will restock with newer waves before the end of the sale... and the larger size classes are often not restocked at all once a store sells out.
    While you are there though, take advantage of them having the latest two waves of Studio Series Deluxe toys as well (at full price).

Estimated 75 minute wait time? Uh... what

My estimated wait time is 1 hour.

Mine changed from 75 to 60. Is it worth it?......

I'm on now. Estimated wait time just went down from 45 to 30.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I am in. Can't add to cart but can add Studio Series Leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Estimated 75 minute wait time? Uh... what
    Yeah I've got the same wait time on my end.

I'm in the Toy Mania sale now but it shows that Sky Lynx not available

Sorry to clarify:
    "Sorry, but we are unable to deliver the items marked with X to your postcode. Please remove these items or select an alternative postcode"
    So at least no delivery to sydney metro 2xxx

Home Delivery & Pick-Up, show as Not Available

And the product page mentions:
    "Due to unforeseen shipment delays, this product may not be available for our launch on 16 June (online) and 18 June (in store).

This item and price shown is only available online as part of our Online Toy Mania event. If this product is not available for Pick-Up, Online Lay-By or Home Delivery, we have sold out of our online launch stock. More stock will be available in-store on Thursday 18th June.

"