Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W midyear TOYSALE !!! JUNE 16 to JULY 15

Quote Originally Posted by Swordmaster543 View Post
    My local store seems to be set up for the Toy Sale with Skylynx, both series of voyagers, but only the studio series leaders. Has anyone seen the Earthrise leaders yet? Hopefully they get them, a $49 optimus is very tempting
    Yes Robina Big W (qld) had them yesterday, stacks of them. I?d only gone and bought me Earthrise leader Astrotrain the week before for $90, lol.

Unfortunately it?s only Wave 1 stock (Voyager, Leader, Deluxe) at this point.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Someone in south yarra vic found 3 skylynxs , i think someone at big w made a miss calculation that everyone is going to wait for the sale for the cheaper prices

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Someone in south yarra vic found 3 skylynxs , i think someone at big w made a miss calculation that everyone is going to wait for the sale for the cheaper prices
    It may not be a miscalculation. If you can sell it at the higher price point, you have greater profit.
    What was a mistake was the limited allocation of stock, as they greatly underestimated demand.
    For those patient to wait, it will be available from other retailers in September.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not Big W, but Myer clearly learnt that lesson. After February's run on Earthrise Primes they have stocked up to a crazy level. And it looks like Big W was watching and did so too. More Astrotrains.

In Townsville the Willows store has all their Generations and studio series stuff out (except Sky Lynx, who has arrived, just out the back). There's only a couple of Voyager Starscreams, but other than that everything seems to be pretty plentiful (or was when I left work yesterday).

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swordmaster543 View Post
    My local store seems to be set up for the Toy Sale with Skylynx, both series of voyagers, but only the studio series leaders. Has anyone seen the Earthrise leaders yet? Hopefully they get them, a $49 optimus is very tempting
    No leaders of either at my local, already have optimus: and hunted down a takara headmasters astrotrain not long ago so $49 for astrotrain would be about the only way I'd get one.

Are people here actually paying full retail for skylynx? or hoping to get lucky. My local had 4 at lunch Friday, going down again this arvo... hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    It may not be a miscalculation. If you can sell it at the higher price point, you have greater profit.
    What was a mistake was the limited allocation of stock, as they greatly underestimated demand.
    For those patient to wait, it will be available from other retailers in September.
    Thats true

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Are people here actually paying full retail for skylynx? or hoping to get lucky. My local had 4 at lunch Friday, going down again this arvo... hmmm
    Hoping to get lucky. I'm feelin' lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post

If you check out acquisitions in the facebook groups lots of people have chosen not to wait for the sale. Even Griffin has purchased one. I guess it just comes down to how much you want a thing, waiting for the sale does risk stock running out, but you save enough to nearly afford another deluxe as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Slightly off topic. I understand Sky Lynx is currently a Big W exclusive for the toy sale and will be available September 2020. However, I didn't see any stock of Commander class Jetfire at retailers such Kmart, Myer or Target after its release last year (or even this year). Will Commander class Sky Lynx be available from these general merchandise retailers after the September 2020 general release?