Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The TF Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's all I have ever seen it called as. But you'd need to see if anyone saw it on an official TakaraTomy website or publication, and see if it was given a specific name, or just that 'generic' name.

Maybe ask Kyle, as I think it was one of his HK friends who got me mine, so would need to know what it was called.
    A friend of both me and heero wanted one for himself and bought a bulk lot from a Japanese dealer to save on shipping. You got his very last one.
    I on the other hand already picked one up (the one you saw in the May meet) while I was in Tokyo on the release date of the DVD from a HMV.

FFN, I have both the promotional and instruction sheet in front of me.

On the promotional (an official printed handout I picked up from the HMV), the toy was labelled as "Optimus Prime Figure (not for sale item)" (translated) with an additional "bubble" that reads "DVD & HD DVD advance pre-order special bonus" (translated). I think in context the "advance" simply means "early bird", "first come first served" or "while stock lasts".

On the actual instruction sheet, it reads "TRANSFORMERS, DVD advance pre-order special bonus, (not for sale item), Optimus Prime, Autobot" (translated).

I can also take photos of the actual toys (this and the Trans Scanning OP), if you need additional photos.

"TRANSFORMERS, DVD advance pre-order special bonus, (not for sale item), Optimus Prime, Autobot" - That is one big name for one small toy...
    It'll make for a big wiki link if they use the entire name as the link. Or maybe it'll be shortened to something like 'Pre-order DVD Optimus Prime'.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    "TRANSFORMERS, DVD advance pre-order special bonus, (not for sale item), Optimus Prime, Autobot" - That is one big name for one small toy...
    It's compensating
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I would just call it "DVD preorder bonus figure".

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    The name of the actual toy is just "Optimus Prime" - the rest of that are descriptors provided in the material cited by Kyle. It's like saying "Transformers 2005 Convention Deathsaurus BotCon Figure" (which is the descriptor I found on the OTFCC front page) - the name of the toy is just "Deathsaurus" but they're obviously using those other words as a descriptor. It's not the same as say "Decepticon Frenzy" or "Autobot Ratchet" where those are the actual names of the toys and not mere descriptors attached onto names.

Thanks chaps. I stuck him under "Other toys" since he didn't have any sort of official subline.

* Optimus Prime (Spychanger, 2007)

This toy is a redeco of Robots In Disguise Spychanger Scourge, painted to resemble Movie Optimus Prime. Of note is the tampographed detailing on his chest resembling Movie Prime's distinctive chest design. He was only available exclusively in Japan with a pre-order for the Transformers DVD and HD-DVD.
    He has no Japanese ID number right?

My apologies for the unfinished state of the Movie Prime toy page. Because we do the wiki as a hobby, we often do things when we feel like it. After all, the easiest way to lose interest is to treat this like a job and try to push on beyond your levels of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Why don't you sign up for a proper account and discuss this at the wiki? Posting it here seems like you're asking FFN to do your dirty work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Moderation Note:
    I tend to agree with Jaydisc here. The TF Wiki has a discussion page for every article. You don't even need to sign in to post a query about content in their discussion pages.

This board should not be used to criticise particular points of content on another website, especially when that website already allows any body to question or discuss the content.

The other option you have is to PM FFN if you like with these comments, but posting them on the TF Wiki's discussion pages would be the better option.
    Naw, I don't mind too much. At least Gok alerts me to problems I wouldn't otherwise know about.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Thanks chaps. I stuck him under "Other toys" since he didn't have any sort of official subline.

He has no Japanese ID number right?

My apologies for the unfinished state of the Movie Prime toy page. Because we do the wiki as a hobby, we often do things when we feel like it. After all, the easiest way to lose interest is to treat this like a job and try to push on beyond your levels of interest.
    Thanks FFN. He has no Japanese ID number. And no need for any apology since you guys do the wiki as a hobby. I was under the impression that the page was trying to be as complete as it could be. As a fan I noticed the missing toys and just wanted to point out or help if I could. NEVER meant to "order" you around or treat it as your job. Never any rush.

Thanks for reminding me about them. I totally forgot about the Trans-Scanning and DVD Spychanger.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I was just looking at the old Wikia Teletraan 1 wiki and was both amused and sad at how unprofessional it was becoming, especially the bad, low-resolution pictures being uploaded without descriptions, Wikipedia-style.

Also amused that evidently the new staff there (well, one guy) decided to ditch our officially-confirmed news only policy, and, like the Wikipedia, is reporting ROTF information from unofficial sources.

Yeah, I'm petty.

FFN, what's the deal with the "old" site, anyway? Was there like a split or something?

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister