Thread: Chinese authorities shut down factory making KO Transformers.

Default Chinese authorities shut down factory making KO Transformers.

In an unfortunately uncommon occurrence, Chinese police have shut down a factory making KO Transformers.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...-people/45048/
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I find that really surprising, considering the strained relationship between China and America... so it would almost be in their (China's government) best interest to have Chinese people sabotaging the efforts of a foreign American company, by reproducing the products the foreigners are trying to sell in China, for a lot less (keeping more money in the country).

Allegedly Disney went after them earlier this month, this may simply be a continuation of that case.

The investigation was likely well under way before Trump soured relationships, and I?d like to believe that Chinese law enforcement would not shut down a prosecution just because it might send a political F.U to America. China might also be wanting to send a message they care about intellectual property and do not condone this sort of counterfeiting- we heard of it over here, so there?s PR value to it.

I don?t really know this Weijiang company?s products but they looked to be all Bayverse movie reproductions rather than their own designs. So it?s pretty blatant, unlike some third party which homages certain characters but at least is new design. I think I see a Masterpiece G1 Megatron too, so maybe they did the MP KO?s ?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!