Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a Knock Off? (post here for help)

Arrow Is this a Knock Off? (post here for help)

For those buying Transformers toys and aren't sure if it is a fake or legit figure...

1st - check out the archive links here for known Knock Offs & how to spot them,

2nd - have a quick look at the topic titles in our Knock Off section to see if an alert has recently been posted about it,

3rd - post here with your query if the first two options didn't help you out, as someone here may know or will direct you to somewhere that can help.

BE AWARE - Knock Offs are not permitted on Ebay, even if the seller says that it is (or uses the word "Reissue" on something that was not officially reissued). If you fall victim to an ebay sale that was deceptive, you can open up a dispute, as it would be "not receiving an item as described".
    If the item was clearly listed as being a Knock Off, it may be more difficult to open a dispute, so contact the seller first to resolve the problem before escalating it.

Default re-issue metroplex

hey guys i bought one of these
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers...item2ebcf7e472

a while ago and am a bit paranoid it may be a KO are there any features i can look for to distinguish it? i found a lot of info on the free poster box variant KO but nothing for this box style though?

That's Encore Metroplex. It is a legit reissue.

Are these (first 2) k.o. (cant see takara on it) and with that wheeljack, is that the same as the marlborough one mentioned before? and what should someone pay for it.. roughly. (if different)
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Are these (first 2) k.o. (cant see takara on it) and with that wheeljack, is that the same as the marlborough one mentioned before? and what should someone pay for it.. roughly. (if different)
    cheers
    I'd say the first two are legit, they look very like the takara versions but photo too small for me! Heh maybe $100 each? The wheeljack just looks like ths standard old wheeljack $250-$300 if complete?

Cool. Thanks mate..

Those photos are way too small to tell. But here are some pics of the legits for comparison:
    Savanna RX-7
    Celica XX
    Lancia Stratos Turbo

Yeah. i just dragged and dropped the thumbnails. sorry bout that. Either way they cost too much and i need to tighten my belt.. so they're not for me..this time.
    it's hard to believe that the red wheeljack is so much more than the other.
    but thats just how it is i guess

That's because the Red wheeljack was more scarce in production, the green version is the common one so is a bit cheaper - the ones in your pics are diaclone versions - that wheeljack even has it's little driver in there - those would be pricy items
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Was there ever a KO jetfire/Grimlock 2 pack? Cause this seems like a really good deal but I'm forever the skeptic.