Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer Tuesday reveals!

Reveal 4....

Spin-out and Cordon 2 pack!!!

Reprints of Sunstreaker, WFC-GS20 brings both these repaints together with a release date of 1/1/2021

If the product reveal at the Hasbro office in July wasn't cancelled due to coved, this was going to be our world first reveal... which unfortunately was decided by the Americans to be the Australian reveal before it was known that it wasn't going to be released here. Which would have been a cruel tease if the reveal had gone ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I'm hoping that they are aware of the GPS thing and have taken active steps on this new one to make sure it doesn't happen. It may be intentional, but it looks like it's gonna crumble at any second.
    Hasbro are aware of the issue and it's not been observed for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Spin-out and Cordon 2 pack!!!
    Shut up and take my money!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Aw, I could have gone for a Cordon, but between a tight budget and almost everything I want being an Exclusive this year - usually ones we aren't even getting - it's going to have to be a Pass.
    Can't help but think Spinout and Tigertrack would have been a better pairing for a 2-pack tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If the product reveal at the Hasbro office in July wasn't cancelled due to coved, this was going to be our world first reveal... which unfortunately was decided by the Americans to be the Australian reveal before it was known that it wasn't going to be released here. Which would have been a cruel tease if the reveal had gone ahead.
    That would have sucked, but shame the reveal didn't happen either way.

I might be wrong but I don't I have seen these two on any leaks/rumours lists although they are somewhat obvious guesses for mold reuse. I've already preordered the pair and have no regrets about skipping the MP versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Can't help but think Spinout and Tigertrack would have been a better pairing for a 2-pack tbh.
    You're not wrong, but I reckon we could get a Deep Cover and Clamp Down set next. That would cover all the Diaclone Lambos as Tigertrack has already been announced.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Nice thing is it'd be really easy to dye a stock Sunstreaker red to make a Spinout.

Hmm... Might buy a few Sunnys when he's out at retail.

Pics and deets...

Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Spinout and Cordon 2-Pack $39.99 (DEC)
    A pre-G1 classic! The Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Spinout and Cordon 2-Pack draws inspiration from classic Diaclone toys released before the original Transformers toy line from Hasbro. The white Cordon and the red Spinout are ready for battle against the Decepticons as some of the elite Autobot warriors that just never quite made it into their biggest adventures. These WFC-GS20 Cordon and Autobot Spin-Out figures are Hasbro’s first U.S. release of the characters. These characters are based on two of the original Takara Tomy Diaclone figures. Originally, the Spin-Out Diaclone was redeo’d yellow and released as Sunstreaker, now a Sunstreaker figure returns the favor. WFC-GS20 set designed for ages 8 and up.
    These WFC-GS20 Cordon and Autobot Spin-Out figures are our first U.S. release of the characters. Paying homage to the OGs of converting toys, these characters are based on two of the original Takara Tomy Diaclone figures. Originally, the Spin-Out Diaclone was redeo’d yellow and released as Sunstreaker, now a Sunstreaker figure returns the favor. Cordon and Autobot Spin-out figures both convert from robot to sportscar modes in 16 steps and each figure comes with a blaster accessory that attach to the figures in robot and sportscar modes. Includes Generations Selects Deluxe Class Cordon and Autobot Spin-out figure, 2 accessories, and instructions.

It also looks like they are re-releasing the Target exclusive GEN Selects Redwing, but now through regular online sources.

Transformers Generations Selects Voyager Red Wing – Exclusive $29.99 (SEPT)
    Starscream’s mean team is on the scene! Check out this amazing 7-inch Decepticon Red Wing figure. This Decepticon Red Wing figure features classic conversion from robot to Cybertronian jet modes in 22 steps. This figure transforms from a tetrajet-inspired starfighter to a highly detailed robot, complete with battle damage. Includes two blasters and instructions.

And the newest Universal Studios exclusive toy SS-48 "As Seen In Parks Megatron" appears to be released through regular online sources, which is strange... unless the closure of Universal Studios themeparks for the foreseeable future has resulted in Universal not buying up many units of the new toy and Hasbro was given permission to allow others to sell it.

Transformers Studio Series 48 Leader Ride Megatron – Exclusive $49.99 (OCT)
    Inspired by the theme park! The Transformers Studio Series 48 Leader Transformers The Ride 3D Megatron – Exclusive brings you the Decepticon leader after a rough day, with more grit than ever before. This battle-hardened robot warlord is ready to lay in wait for the Autobots – and then, certain doom awaits them! Transforming toy goes from Decepticon to truck and back again, and they all include exceptional articulation and cool accessories. As robots, he measures about 9-inches tall. Ages 8 and up.

Some of them might show up at Asian or some local importers, but a couple of American sources that should have all three for pre-order is Entertainment Earth and BBTS.
    Last edited by griffin; 2nd September 2020 at 06:09 PM.

I guess I just decided to buy Cordon, Spinout and Redwing. RIP wallet.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Really seems like they’re pulling all the stops to get as many of the go-to redecos out as quickly as possible. Quite different to the Hasbro of old, where even basic character repaints took years to get made.

It does make me wonder if this change in priority could mean they plan on these moulds not being around for many years, and replaced after not too long.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust