Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Kingdom & SS86 toy images

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Latest leak: Next year's Titan Class is The Ark.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...ass-ark/45211/
    That leak looks like someone just grabbed some cyberverse control art to me. I can't recall ever seeing design drawings in colour.

Screenshot images of Warpath from another youtube video.

These Deluxe toys next year are certainly getting smaller.

The comparison photo show it's not too bad. It's what I expected though size-wise for a deluxe minibot following Cliffjumper's lead.

Cheetor and Blackarachnia are both thin/slim characters too so it's reasonable (although the price still bites)

I like how someone posted the cartoon scale chart on that thread. If anything the Skyfire toy is too tall!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Screenshot images of Warpath from another youtube video.

These Deluxe toys next year are certainly getting smaller.
    Pretty sure Warpath is on the smaller side because he is a minibot. It doesn’t seem like he’s quite as small as Bumblebee and Cliffjumper though which I actually would have liked, but I can see why they maybe didn’t go all the way. I’m fine with it, looks like a great toy still.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Eh, just call it what it is, they're charging the same for less product and simpler designs.
    No need to be pretty about it or engage in mental gymnastics in a vain attempt to justify being ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Eh, just call it what it is, they're charging the same for less product and simpler designs.
    No need to be pretty about it or engage in mental gymnastics in a vain attempt to justify being ripped off.
    Size isn't everything. I compared Cliffjumper to previous legends and deluxe toys, and his parts count and transformation steps are more on par with an average deluxe than a legends. I'm actually amazed people didn't pick on Refraktor tbh.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Size isn't everything. I compared Cliffjumper to previous legends and deluxe toys, and his parts count and transformation steps are more on par with an average deluxe than a legends. I'm actually amazed people didn't pick on Refraktor tbh.

Your'e paying the same price for a smaller product, less raw materials used and a lazy design -one a 3P company even had design a clip to hold the rear in place during the transformation. In essence, more for less.
    You may be able to justify it, but I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Your'e paying the same price for a smaller product, less raw materials used and a lazy design -one a 3P company even had design a clip to hold the rear in place during the transformation. In essence, more for less.
    You may be able to justify it, but I can't.
    Parts count increases the cost, even Takara have confirmed this. Okay, they could have done Cliffjumper without partsforming at a deluxe price point, but it would have meant no accessory. And having seen the way the 3P add on works, it would be super fragile and something kids would easily break. So I understand why Hasbro went the way they did.

Even how it is, it's still more complex than Refraktor. Why did nobody complain about Refraktor? And in fact rush out to buy three of them? Does Refraktor being a head taller than Cliffjumper make it a better toy?

This parts count has me interested. You have a link to it? I'd be curious to see if they share the same amount of part numbers with the other Deluxes in the wave. Figure, accessories etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I decided to do a comparison of ER Cliffjumper with various legends and deluxe figures I had from recent years. Cliffjumper is definitely more on par with a deluxe than a legends based on his parts count and transformation steps.

CW Wreckgar
    23 parts
    7 steps

CW Pipes
    30 parts
    7 steps

TR Bumblebee
    25 parts
    6 steps

POTP Beachcomber
    23 parts
    7 steps

POTP Slash
    25 parts
    7 steps

POTP Jazz
    44 parts
    8 steps

Siege Rafraktor
    35 parts
    10 steps

Siege Spinister
    41 parts
    11 steps

Siege Impactor
    43 parts
    11 steps

Earthrise Hoist
    37 parts
    14 steps

Earthrise Cliffjumper
    46 parts
    12 steps
    This is my own comparison. Feel free to replicate it yourself. Just note I have counted symmetrical steps (ie arms) as 1 not 2 in the method, but it is fair for everything including Cliffjumper.

Regarding an official statement on parts count we have this:
    "Regarding the recent constant price increment: Takara Tomy booth director mentioned that fans have overly demanded for the cartoon aesthetic. So in order to pull off the cartoon aesthetic while maintaining the proper alt mode, the number of parts for each figure has gone up compared to the Masterpiece Datsuns or Wheeljack. The cost of materials has also gone up which also contributes to the rise in pricing. On this matter, Gamelingual let him know that many fans feel that they will be forced to quit the hobby if the prices become too expensive. The response was that this this is something they have discussed with the executives and it contributes to the decisions of what figures will be made next."

Source: https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/02/09/...e-event-404884