Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
It's more concerning that this is the second Jazz figure that has had this sort of crap happen to and seeing as G1 Jazz is coded as a POC it's disrespectful to the character of Jazz and the voice actor Scatman Crothers.
I don?t even thing you need to be a person of colour to find white superemist sayings offensive, and you also raise a good point about the late Scatman Carothers.
These characters mean something to us, or else they wouldn?t still be selling nearly three and half decades later.

I had absolutely no idea about the ethnicity of Jazz?s voice actor growing up. I just *loved* the voice, and thought Jazz was just the coolest of all the Autobots. There were some I liked more, but he was ?cool?, and he genuinely loved Earth music. It?s only later as an adult I found out Scatman had passed on, but he would definitely have been a voice actor I would want to have met. And so I think its understandable to feel protective towards the character, and his image.

So to have this stuff pulled twice now on a Jazz release angers me. We know that the first was intentional and put in by a rogue employee, and that they had to do a running change to the paint apps. I can?t see why they can?t do the same if this was genuinely unintentional.