Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New toy reveal Thursday NOV 5th - SS-72 MV6 Starscream

Oh wow!
    Looking much better when in these colours

Wouldn't mind getting one of these!

Thanks for the reveal!

That was a fun video that I enjoyed, and a toy unexpected which I now look forward to getting. Thanks griffin and thanks Hasbro

Congratulations on the reveal
    As for the figure, I can't even feign interest in another StarWarpCracker

First of my photos... posted here first of course.

These are two ILM images of the Seeker jets, to show what Hasbro were trying to replicate with this mould, which I expect will be redecoed a few times. These images show that the big chunky robot turns into a very sleek jet with almost no bulk in it, so the actual toy had to put the kibble somewhere... and in all fairness, I think they did the best they could do, with what they had to work with, because you still have the same gun-pod of the ILM image at the front of the toy, in front of the kibble.
    If you look at the character models of the bots that had Cybertronian modes, I think they were thrown together in a hurry without any intention of allowing for toys, so we might not see too many of them, and if we do, they will be like Starscream, with kibble to sacrifice.
    I also think that the reason why Blitzwing and Starscream look very similar as bots is like in the original 80s cartoon, in that they had different alt-modes, but maintained the same robot mode in the movie (this is despite the claim that Blitzwing was originally meant to be Starscream in the Movie, as it has the same issue of different alt-modes based on the planet they are on).

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Is that Australia's NBN showing how fantastic it is ?

Could have had the video uploaded in 4k on New Zealand's hyperfiber (4 Gigabit up/down).
    I don't have NBN... I couldn't get it in the house I'm in, so I have to use my mobile phone data, and I'm in a bit of a black spot, as it cuts out a lot (online and phone calls).
    I would have loved to put up a better copy, but that one took ages at a fairly low resolution, which is why I want to do a LOT of photos while I still have the toy (even if official images come out soon, as they are often only from one angle, and often hiding the flaws of the toy).

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Wow, that was a surprise and half. I gotta admit it looks pretty cool! Very impressive retool!
    It's a completely new mould... not a single re-used part that I can see.
    I will post up side-by-side photos of both toys in robot mode (because the jet modes are obviously completely different).

Thanks for sitting on the secret for so long without trying to be an internet spoiler/attention hog!

It's not a figure that excites me, but I hope all those who enjoy the original can enjoy the repaints as well.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Second lot of photos...

Packaging photos.

Comparison to Blitzwing's box.

My collection of Studio Series boxes so far, with SS-72 in there temporarily. (currently missing SS-48 Universal Studios Megatron & SS-69 Devastator)

Oh god, you're collecting the boxes?!? You're a mad man, Griff.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Third set of photos, showing that every part of Starscream is different to every part of Blitzwing, even if those parts look similar at first glance...

A closer look at abdomen and the inside panels of the arms and legs.

And showing how they have completely different engineering as well, with Blitzwing having the main hinge including the shoulders but not the head, while Starscream only hinges with the panel that has the head, with the shoulders staying still.

Can you let Hasbro know that the eyes aren't painted properly?
    Referring to the facial structure in the box art, the figure itself has had its lower eyelid painted red.