Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New G1 Masterpiece - MP53 SKIDS & MP54 Reboost

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    For that price, I couldn't resist. This will be my first order with HLJ
    Just keep in mind that HLJ charges GST on top of their prices, so add another $10-ish, depending on where the exchange rate is in November.

I think these should be at EB Games as well (and Amazon Australia), but prices of imported MPs are usually quite high here, and probably still higher than HLJ plus GST plus postage.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just keep in mind that HLJ charges GST on top of their prices, so add another $10-ish, depending on where the exchange rate is in November.
    Yes... plus GST on post. And HLJ post is not exactly cheap. And if it is not in stock, you can't get an exact shipping price added to your cart, which means you may be in for bill shock when the item arrives in stock.

At least I'm glad Skids is not $200+ like Hound was. But I miss the $80 Masterpiece cars , which I thought were expensive in the day .

Oh yeah... I just tend to trust HLJ for my MP purchases but some things to consider

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Takara or Honda uploaded a region-blocked clip of these MPs, but someone else has shared it region-free.
    Thanks, the transformation is skipped over but it generallly looks rather straight forward - compared to a Sunstreaker.

By that video Reboost's function is Citadel Guardian? Does that mean anything to anyone else? Of course Reboost's bio could be absolutely anything since it's a new character.

A couple of comparison photos of MP Skids in both modes, next to the original 1985 toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A couple of comparison photos of MP Skids in both modes, next to the original 1985 toy.
    I wish they included a G1 toy head in addition to the animation-homage version we're getting.

I think I'm skipping Skids, I have the 3P one that I'm content with. Though I'm getting the red one lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I think I'm skipping Skids, I have the 3P one that I'm content with. Though I'm getting the red one lol
    I'm kinda thinking the same, the 3P one is more inline with the other recent cartoony MP designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I'm kinda thinking the same, the 3P one is more inline with the other recent cartoony MP designs.
    I'd like to see a side by side tbh. I did grab MP Sunstreaker even though I grabbed the BC one. But I just don't see this one as a major upgrade over the 3P one.

More images of MP Skids and Reboost, from TakaraTomy's twitter and Figure King magazine.

MP Skids and Reboost are out in about a week in Japan and Asia, and the UK leaker has managed to already get a Reboost, and some screenshots can be seen here.

(that person has managed to show off two unreleased Japanese Transformers this week, which is unusual, because wherever they were getting their unreleased (and sometimes unrevealed) toys, it didn't appear to have access to the toys that were generated by TakaraTomy)