Thread: Transformers Comedy cartoon announced

Default Transformers Comedy cartoon announced

Just announced is a new Transformers cartoon, but apparently not being done to advertise a particular toyline... it is an usual project, as it is promoting itself as a comedy themed cartoon, rather than the usual action genre.

It will be for Nickelodeon in America, which should mean that it will show up on TV here as well (unlike the Netflix cartoons that some of us might never see legally).
    It will be 26 episodes, that are noted as 30-minute episodes, but that could actually mean the regular 22-minute length that becomes 30 minutes on commercial TV.

NICKELODEON AND ENTERTAINMENT ONE PARTNER ON ORIGINAL ANIMATED TRANSFORMERS SERIES, BASED ON HASBRO’S ICONIC GLOBAL FRANCHISE
    BURBANK, Calif. – February 25, 2021 – Nickelodeon, the number-one network for kids, and Hasbro’s Entertainment One (eOne) have partnered to co-produce an original animated Transformers series (26 half-hour episodes), based on the iconic global property. In the action-comedy series, a new species of Transformers must find their place and purpose among Autobots, Decepticons, and the human family that adopts them. The series will premiere exclusively on Nickelodeon in the U.S. before rolling out internationally.

“As soon as I read the creative concept, which at its core is about family, I knew we absolutely had to tell this story with our good friends at eOne and Hasbro,” said Ramsey Naito, President, Nickelodeon Animation. “The series will tell a reimagined story featuring both original characters and fan-favorites for a whole new generation of kids and families. The creative team at Nick, overseen by Claudia Spinelli, SVP of Animation Development, can’t wait to get started on building this new world.”

“We’re thrilled to be working with Nickelodeon to expand the Transformers animated universe and bring an all-new more than meets the eye story to life,” said Olivier Dumont, eOne’s President of Family Brands. “This new series is a fresh creative take on the brand, which will excite longtime fans around the world and soon to be fans alike, all being introduced to the robots in disguise by an A list creative team led by eOne’s Mikiel Houser .”

Hasbro launched Transformers in 1984 as a toy line and animated series. Its success led to an animated movie in 1986, many future toy lines, and a series of live-action movies.

The all-new animated Transformers series is executive produced by Ant Ward (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and Nicole Dubuc (Transformers: Rescue Bots) and developed and co-executive produced by Dale Malinowski (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Produced by Nickelodeon Animation Studio, the series is developed for television by Spinelli and Dana Vasquez-Eberhardt, Senior Director, Current Series and Development, Animation. Production will be overseen for Nickelodeon by Conrad Montgomery, Vice President, Current Series, Animation and for eOne by Mikiel Houser, Director of TV Development.
    The forthcoming Transformers co-production is part of Nickelodeon’s strategy to be the home of the biggest franchises kids and families love, and it expands Nickelodeon’s growing portfolio of influential properties that already includes SpongeBob SquarePants, PAW Patrol, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Blue’s Clues & You!, the first-ever SpongeBob spinoff, Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years, the all-new animated Star Trek: Prodigy series and the recently announced The Smurfs partnership.

It says "action-comedy" so I imagine it would be something like the Star Trek Lower Decks cartoon (which is action-comedy).

When I first read this I thought it was about the Botbots cartoon but that's a different show.

Oddly enough, "a new species of Transformers must find their place and purpose among Autobots, Decepticons, and the human family that adopts them" actually brings to my mind the initial premise of Armanda and how the Street Action MiniCon Teams were kinda adopted by the kids in that series. 20 years later maybe it is time for Armada Generation Two?

Yeah, I was thinking minicons too, makes sense, they're human sized

Some more details - it should be in 3D CG and expected to be released some time in 2022.