Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Commander Class Rodimus Prime revealed

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    This is good to know. Cos that look like a fantastic older and grumpier Rodimus
    That's the reason I'm still using that terrible POTP Rodimus as my canonical Rodimus, he looks like old grumpy Rodimus, not young enthusiastic Hot Rod.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

He looks a lot more together than the POTP leader, which I was already a fan of. He definitely doesn’t resemble SS86 Hot Rod stylistically though and I’m not super impressed with the colours either. A dark maroon would have been much better and a light-coloured face.

It really would have benefitted the alt mode to just have the truck/caravan front like the original Rodimus toy, if not a little cleaner. The sacrifices made to accomodate the ugly car mode make him look like a wonky car jammed into something instead of the whole winnebago.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Why another Hot Rod vehicle front end? We just had one. Did someone see that AKOM animated episode and think "yep, make it a small Hot Rod that leaves the trailer behind "

Why not go the G1 Toy or MP9 route? That way the vehicle mode would look a lot more cohesive IMO. Sky Lynx was just the G1 toy with more articulation & people ate that up.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    It really would have benefitted the alt mode to just have the truck/caravan front like the original Rodimus toy, if not a little cleaner. The sacrifices made to accomodate the ugly car mode make him look like a wonky car jammed into something instead of the whole winnebago.
    Also this.

It's not the worst thing in the world but at the same time it'd be nice to get a Rodimus that is just Rodimus and not have a Hot Rod car mode worked in there too. It's not like we don't have a heap of Hot Rods already, including the recently released SS86.
    Let Rodimus be his own thing.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I have a feeling that there isn't any room to shove the car further back into the trailer because of the floor of the trailer's deck. Therefore, it wouldn't matter if the spoiler could move - there's only so much space there.

You can see this in the shot of Rodimus manning the gun emplacement - the front of the trailer is behind Rodimus's foot, and that orange piece has what looks like a slot for the spoiler.

In the cartoon did Rodimus in vehicle mode ever separate from his trailer?

I only vaguely think he ever transformed at all in his Marvel comic book appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    In the cartoon did Rodimus in vehicle mode ever separate from his trailer?

I only vaguely think he ever transformed at all in his Marvel comic book appearances.
    Face Of Nijika. He transforms into Hot Rod's alt mode and his trailer appears & connects ala Optimus Prime. Also disconnects from trailer when going into robot mode

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I'd say not as you can see the spoiler wedged right up into the trailer.

The guy ain't cheap. At 14300 yen RRP. I likes the look of him though and have placed an order. They've managed to keep him fairly well secret as well which I think is impressive.
    Tmall link
    https://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810177852/
    I heard rumour/speculation that hasbro cmdr class was going to increase from 70usd to 100usd next year onwards as the titan class phases out and there will be 2 cmdr classes instead

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Face Of Nijika. He transforms into Hot Rod's alt mode and his trailer appears & connects ala Optimus Prime. Also disconnects from trailer when going into robot mode
    Oh yeah there is https://images.app.goo.gl/6PMhACMNvLxydoj16 Thanks. It's certainly not something I think of Rodimus doing. Rewatched the movie and his trailer appears like magic.

HLJ have priced him at 10660 Yen (about AUD$146 after GST).

https://www.hlj.com/kd-12-transforme...prime-tkt17785

It looks like TakaraTomy is taking the lead on the revealing of Rodimus Prime, with a big spread of images in this month's Figure King magazine... before Hasbro has even acknowledged its existence.

The robot mode looks very rough, almost like a pre-production figure (hopefully).... which would be strange, as this toy is only 3 months from being released by Hasbro, which means it should already be produced, so that it can be shipped around the world and sent to retailers before the end of June.