Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hasbro Pulse Fan Fest April 8-9

And a bloody $699 USD robotic Optimus Prime!

Thank god it’s licensed and not Hasbro/TT.... I can skip it

Plus SG Blurr and a self transforming Optimus Prime that's $700 usd. I think the 'First ever toy character' is The Ark because nothing else fit the description.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Apparently an update yesterday on one of their social media pages, said that it was (just) a reveal of the wave 3 Kingdom toys, a look at the 3rd chapter of Netflix (and probably the toys, which might not have been meant to be released yet)... plus this year's accessory pack (last year it was Centurion Drone), and the "toy + IDW comic" exclusive pack that accidentally showed up on the Hasbro Pulse website yesterday.
    It also said that there would be a new toy shown off, that was the first ever toy of this character... which wouldn't be too many left if it is part of Generations and homages a character from the 80s cartoon or comics. Not sure if this toy is what will be released with the accessory pack, but the update makes me think that they aren't intending to show off any of the exclusives that have been popping up on Amazon in the last week.
    If that is true, we must be looking at several weekly reveals like they did last year for a number of GEN Selects toys.
    Even with the advance warning on the more limited reveals than I was hoping from all of the Amazon listings, I was still disappointed. I'm now not that upset about having to go to sleep last night just before midnight because I was just too tired to stay up any longer.

I'm also disappointed about them talking up the "first toy" claim for a particular classic character... which doesn't feel obvious to me, as the Ark & Teletraan were not "characters" in the traditional (robotic) Transformers sense (if that was the toy that was being referred to).

The two new Fossilizers are both Maximals this time, as I think all of the previous ones (including the Netflix one) has been Predacons. The Core figure Dracodon is a redeco of Vertebreak.
    There is nothing noted or allegiance symbols on Tricranius, so I'm not sure if that is a Maximal or Predacon yet.

The accessory pack with Tricranius is such a disappointment after last year's awesome assortment of different things. Some fans like the blast effects... I'm just not one of them, as they don't look "realistic" enough for me (I'd like to see LEDs in some of the sockets that they plug into, to give them a fiery/explosive effect, even if it costs more, or is just with the larger sized figures). Besides, the blast effects have been released with toys since the beginning of Siege almost 2 and a half years ago, so there are a LOT of them already. The ones in this accessory pack don't appear to be any new moulds/sculpts?

Shattered Glass Blurr is said to be the first of five in the SG series (which lines up with the leaked toy listings and Amazon listings - DLX Blurr, DLX Goldbug, VOY Starscream, VOY Megatron, CMDR Jetfire). Not sure if all five toys will have a comic, but it sounds like they all might, as the one with Blurr is issue 1.

Robosen Optimus Prime - the concept is good (I think I've seen some custom jobs that were self-converting in recent years), but the price... OMG. I'm just relieved that it is a licensed product and not one by Hasbro... so that I'm not as bothered about including it in my collection. It's price is MORE than Unicron. Unicron was us$575 in America, while this is us$700. If it was to come to Australia (it's not a Hasbro product so if it comes here it would be done by some other distributor), I would expect it to be au$1200-1500.

(I've mirrored the toy images, and will add them and the product details into the first post shortly)
    Last edited by griffin; 10th April 2021 at 09:24 AM.

Apparently an update yesterday on one of their social media pages, said that it was (just) a reveal of the wave 3 Kingdom toys, a look at the 3rd chapter of Netflix (and probably the toys, which might not have been meant to be released yet)... plus this year's accessory pack (last year it was Centurion Drone), and the "toy + IDW comic" exclusive pack that accidentally showed up on the Hasbro Pulse website yesterday.
    It also said that there would be a new toy shown off, that was the first ever toy of this character... which wouldn't be too many left if it is part of Generations and homages a character from the 80s cartoon or comics. Not sure if this toy is what will be released with the accessory pack, but the update makes me think that they aren't intending to show off any of the exclusives that have been popping up on Amazon in the last week.
    If that is true, we must be looking at several weekly reveals like they did last year for a number of GEN Selects toys.
    Oops... the update that I saw yesterday that was said to be a last minute update was just a retelling of the text that was in the original press-release in mid March, which I had in the first post.

Worlds continue to collide on Transformers! Join members of the Hasbro Marketing & Design team as they reveal toys from Wave 3 Kingdom and share some exciting news about the final chapter of Netflix’s Transformers: War for Cybertron trilogy. Don’t miss out as we take a closer look at Kingdom Commander and Titan Class figures, including a first-time character to appear in toy! And if you thought the Pulse exclusive weapons pack was epic, you’ll find the next one to be a blast. Finally, we will reveal a new Pulse exclusive toy capsule in partnership with IDW Publishing that will turn the Transformers universe upside down. Get ready for a panel that’s… More Than Meets the Eye!

I'm finding myself more attracted to the Ark than I thought I would be, which is a pain because I'm out of space for these Titans. I'm even more excited for Rhinox and Scorponok though!

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Probably the Ark / Last Autobot. Bit of an oopsie there if so...
    So it was the Ark then, huh? Yep, oopsie indeed.

Why would people feel compelled to buy this self-Transforming thing if it were made by Hasbro?

Shattered Glass Blurr is said to be the first of five in the SG series (which lines up with the leaked toy listings and Amazon listings - DLX Blurr, DLX Goldbug, VOY Starscream, VOY Megatron, CMDR Jetfire). Not sure if all five toys will have a comic, but it sounds like they all might, as the one with Blurr is issue 1.
    I have to wonder if the size class listing for Megatron is incorrect. The original SG Megatron was based on the smaller Energon Megatron mould with slightly different colours and a new head. Given that it appears that the revived SG line will mainly use toys from WFC/SS (Blurr from SS Blurr, Goldbug from Netflix Bumblebee*, Starscream from Siege Starscream, and Jetfire from Siege Jetfire) it would make more sense to use the Galvatron mould for SG Megatron. An outside possibility is that SG Galvatron was based on Cybertron EVAC who transformed into a helicopter, so Siege Springer could be used, but the mould really isn't appropriate and the listing states Megatron, not Galvatron. Either the name or the size class is incorrect, and size class looks a lot more likely.

*ETA: there's an outside possibility I could be wrong about this one and it could be based on Siege Hound. SG Goldbug was based on Cybertron Hot Shot, who was later upgraded into Cybertron Defence Hot Shot, which was homaged as a Hound redeco for Generations Selects. If this is the case it's a very convoluted deco lineage, but Hasbro have followed stranger routes in the past.

(I've mirrored the toy images, and will add them and the product details into the first post shortly)
    I decided to put everything into a new topic here, as there ended up being just way too much to cram into the first post of this topic... and I didn't want the new info to be lost in the middle of a discussion topic.

I had another idea for Megatron: the Takara Super Megatron mould would work reasonably well, and would probably be quite exciting to a contingent of fans who otherwise missed out.