Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Fan-Fest April 9th official images and info

In the TFW images, you can see the take put the bees ND the missiles but no, there's no firing mechanism. It's been a while since a Transformers toy had firing missiles.

In-hand images of wave 3 Core class Dracodon, which is a fluro green redeco of wave 1 Vertebreak.

Some more in-hand images of the licensed Robosen Optimus Prime toy, which is about the same size as Titan class Omega Supreme.

Apparently there will be more of the licensed Robosen Optimus Prime toys being offered through the Hasbro Pulse website (America only), after the first release of pre-orders sold out in hours in America.

It is still due out in October.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Tricranius in-hand, showing us some more angles of this redeco, which doesn't come out until October.
    Tricranius is now out in Australia, at least at some EB Games stores.

Some photos I took, which also shows the packaging (which the "stolen" toy from April didn't have)...

NOTE - for anone like me who didn't notice it before, Tricranius is not just a straight redeco of Ractonite... there is one part that is different, which is the bone plate at the top of the dino skull - Tricranius is a Triceratops with two horns at the bottom, while Ractonite is apparently a Styracosaurus with two horns at the top.

(try to ignore the front legs of Ractonite in most of the photos, as I didn't notice they were the wrong way around until I got to the last photo... a problem we wouldn't have if it wasn't a parts-former)

And yes, the blast parts were wrapped up in tissue paper inside the box, which felt really cheap. The parts that came with Centurion Drone were in a plastic bag inside that box. Even if they are trying to cut back on plastic, that would have been quite negligible compared to the amount of plastic in the toy itself.

Re: plastic bag packaging for the parts - it would still have been additional single use plastic which is what they are trying to reduce (and ultimately get rid of). Wrapping them in tissue is a nice touch though, makes it look fancy :P

People have finally begun to wake up to how bad single-use plastic bags are to the point that tech reviewers are docking companies that include single-use plastic bags.

Cardboard and paper sourced from sustainable forests are infinitely better than single-use plastic.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

All that paper to be used, the sustainable forests wont last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    All that paper to be used, the sustainable forests wont last long.
    Hah! You made a funny!

I'd prefer plastic that ISN'T biodegradable for my toy packaging. It won't harm the planet if I don't take it out of the box!
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

That packaging could have easily been 20-25% smaller to save on materials being used.

Robosen have teased us with what could be more Transformers figures (not surprising considering how well their Optimus sold, after 2 or 3 production runs), posting a video on facebook that says the reveal will be on April 12th - which is the same day as the next Hasbro Transformers reveal, so is likely to be revealed then.

Screenshots can be seen here.