Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle across time collection (Grimlock and Mirage)

From what I can see, Mirage is a fairly decent remould to make it more "Earth mode" than the Cybertronian mode Siege toy... with several new parts, and the back end of the car mode is transformed differently, so that the spoiler/arms are further back and pointing backwards in car mode.

It's a bit like Netflix Bumblebee... it's a new-mould/significant-remould of a major character that I think should be in the mainline.
    Meanwhile, the more obscure character of Beast Wars Grimlock (and this toy doesn't homage that original toy very well with it lacking the right paint details), deserves to be in a small-run exclusive release like this... it is just a shame that the people wanting Earth mode Mirage, have to buy a Voyager Beast Wars toy to get it. (there are more Gen1 fans than BW fans, so Mirage would be the more sought after figure of this pair)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    From what I can see, Mirage is a fairly decent remould to make it more "Earth mode" than the Cybertronian mode Siege toy... with several new parts, and the back end of the car mode is transformed differently, so that the spoiler/arms are further back and pointing backwards in car mode.

It's a bit like Netflix Bumblebee... it's a new-mould/significant-remould of a major character that I think should be in the mainline.
    Meanwhile, the more obscure character of Beast Wars Grimlock (and this toy doesn't homage that original toy very well with it lacking the right paint details), deserves to be in a small-run exclusive release like this... it is just a shame that the people wanting Earth mode Mirage, have to buy a Voyager Beast Wars toy to get it. (there are more Gen1 fans than BW fans, so Mirage would be the more sought after figure of this pair)
    Its smart marketing

I can't say I'm rushing out to get this.

I've always really liked the idea of Grimlock as a Dinbot repaint/tool, but this doesn't look very good. I think it loses something for not having the stripes.

New Mirage is cool enough that I might get it on a whim if it was a standalone deluxe, but I'm not paying for the set just to get a slightly superior retool.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Despite not being 100% convinced, I've pre-ordered this. Mainly for the Grimlock. Unlikely we'll get a better BW Grimmy repaint, and while I'm sure this mouId will be re-used again, this is my preferred repaint character-wise.
    Also I dont have a WFC Mirage at all, but not overfussed on his previous incarnations either. (Classics Mirage is still THE Mirage IMHO). I'll wait and see how he is, but likely I'll probably sell him.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Screen-shots from an in-hand video (from one of the usual early sources) of Mirage, shows us that this toy has more than 50% new parts... so I'd be designating it as a "new mould with recycled parts".
    (if it was less than half new, I would call it a major remould... but this toy even has different engineering/transformation for most of the toy, making it more of a new toy than a remould of an existing toy)

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If anyone wants to split the double pack (I'm after Mirage only), I have a sale thread here.

Looks like this 2-pack has a July release after all, as it appears to be in-hand in Asia (and Amazon Australia had it dated for July 5th)... and some in-hand photos of the pack can be seen here.

Hadn't noticed the knees on the beast rex mold. Gaping whiteness spoils it for me

In stock (as of yesterday) at The Falcon's Hangar in Singapore SGD$80 + $18 shipping. If you want it be quick as it will likely sell out within the next couple of days.

http://www.tfh.com.sg/product-details.php?p=26915

https://www.facebook.com/thefalconsh...type=3&theater

I got an email from Amazon today saying it had been delayed.