Thread: AUGUST 2021 Transformers comics and books

Default AUGUST 2021 Transformers comics and books

Transformers comics and books scheduled for release in AUGUST 2021, with details and comic covers here.

Transformers King Grimlock #1
    The new comic will be written by Steve Orlando (Wonder Woman), with art by Agustin Padilla (Dungeons & Dragons), and colors from Jeremy Colwell (The Bequest). The miniseries will combine Transformers and fantasy, following the Dinobot Grimlock in an “epic barbarian fantasy” where the savage world is ruled by who’s strongest with the sword. Check out Cary Nord’s 1A cover (Conan The Barbarian) and Mateus Santolouco’s retailer incentive (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder in Hell) covers for the series below. Padilla will provide the 1B cover for issue one.

“King Grimlock is a sky-high dream come to life, a story so big and wild, I wasn’t sure if the Transformers universe could contain it,” Orlando said in a press release. “This is a first-of-its-kind, science/fantasy epic for fans new and old, whether you follow the animation of the ‘80s, the modern shows of the ‘00s, the big screen blockbusters, the decades of incredible comics, or if you’ve been intrigued by Grimlock action figures on the shelf. Everyone’s welcome!”
    Transformers Shattered Glass #1
    The series takes place in a parallel universe where the Decepticons are Autobots war against one another, however, the usual roles are reversed. The Decepticons are freedom fighters trying to escape the rule of the Autobots. The series will be written by Danny Lore (James Bond), with Transformers artists Guido Guidi and Dan Khanna providing art, and John-Paul Bove (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) doing the colors. Transformers: Shattered Glass #1 will feature three covers, including Cover 1A by Alex Milne (Transformers vs. Terminator), Cover 1B by Khanna, and a retailer incentive variant by Sara Pitre-Durocher (Transformers: Till All Are One).

Transformers #34
    The new “Sea of Rust” arc will begin in Transformers #34 and take a closer look at Cybertron’s during the beginning of the war. Megatron will be at odds with his former mentor Tegamax, who has an artifact that could lead to an Autobots victory. The series will continue under the creative team of Brian Ruckley and Anna Malkova. Cover 1A is by Winston Chan, cover 1B will be from Susan Margevich, and the retailer incentive variant will be by Andrew Griffith.

Transformers Beast Wars #7
    Transformers: Beast Wars #7 by Burnham and Chan will launch the next storyline with “Pod.” The issue will see the arrival of Blackarachnia. Issue one’s cover 1A will be from Fico Ossio (Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom), with cover 1B by Ed Pirrie (Transformers), and a retailer incentive variant by Gavin Guidry (Going to the Chapel).
    Recent and Upcoming TPBs & Books.
    -- Transformers Back To The Future - 96 pages (all 4 issues) - JULY 20th 2021 (digital release FEB 24th 2021 or APR 20th 2021)
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 4 - Declaration of War HC - 280 pages (Transformers #25-30, the Valentine's Day Special one-shot, and Transformers: Escape #1-5) - AUG 10th 2021
    -- IDW Collection Phase 3 Vol 1 HC - 392 pages (Revolution issues #0-5; the Transformers: Till All Are One, Transformers, Action Man, and Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Revolution one-shots; Transformers: Till All Are One issues #5-8; and Revolutionaries issues #1-4.) - SEPT 21st 2021
    -- Transformers Beast Wars Vol 1 - 144 pages (issues 1-6) - DEC 14th 2021

April 2021 comics and books

May 2021 comics and books

June 2021 comics and books

July 2021 comics and books

Two new comics are supposed to start in August - the regular retail version of the 5-part Shattered Glass comic (for those who aren't getting their Shattered Glass toys from Hasbro Pulse website, as those toys get an exclusive cover version of each issue)... and a new comic featuring Grimlock, in some sort of strange fantasy world scenario.

And the Shattered Glass comic has Dan Khanna as one of the interior artists, which is nice to see him getting back in to official Transformers comics again.

A preview of the new Grimlock comic, which is still a few weeks away.
    It will be a five issue story.

Issue 33 of the regular series should be out this week, and a preview can be seen here.

The first issue of the new Grimlock comic is supposed to be out this week as well, and a preview can be seen here.

Preview for issue 7 of the new Beast Wars comic, which should be out this week.

Issue 34 of the current series should be out this week, and a preview can be seen here.

Is anyone here even reading this new series?
    I just haven't seen any real hype with this one on fansites, so I'm surprised it has managed to get to 34 issues already.

Not interested in this from every preview I've seen. I'll await the next reboot. The new Wreckers series might be worth a look depending on reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Issue 34 of the current series should be out this week, and a preview can be seen here.

Is anyone here even reading this new series?
    I just haven't seen any real hype with this one on fansites, so I'm surprised it has managed to get to 34 issues already.
    I’ve recently started reading…. Seems like a stupid premise, kinda mixing cyber verse cartoon into war within timeframe. Not hooking me at all.

The writers and artists seem to see no boundaries between series. And feel free to mix and match too many elements from too many series.