Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFF May 21st Studio Series & Shattered Glass reveals

Default FFF May 21st Studio Series & Shattered Glass reveals

The latest Hasbro live-stream reveal of Transformers toys happened in the wee early hours of Saturday morning for us here in the eastern states of Australia.
    Four toys were revealed, along with a new 35th anniversary release of the 1986 Movie, this time on a 4k ultra HD edition (in a couple months time) & bluray edition (in a few days time)... probably with something new since the 30th Anniversary release and the 25th Anniversary release.
    Both could be released in a steelbook cover, and are from the US producer Shout Factory... so it could be a little bit of a hassle to secure from here.

Official images and info here of the new toys... and screenshots from the video here.

- SS-86-07 - (1986) LDR Slug (Slag) (Auto - dinosauar - new) w/ Daniel Witwicky (Auto - figurine - new)
    - SS-86-08 - (1986) DLX Gnaw (Quint - shark monster - new)
    - SS-86-09 - (1986) VOY Wreck-Gar (Auto - Cybertronian motorcycle - new)

-
    - Shattered Glass Number 3 - (VOY) Starscream (Decep - white/red redeco Siege Starscream)

The Studio Series toys are slated for October (should be released with some new regular SS toys), while Starscream is slated for December.

Transformers Studio Series 86 Deluxe Sharkticon Gnaw

Inspired by Transformers: The Movie, you can build an army with Transformers Studio Series 86 Deluxe Sharkticon Gnaw! Transforming from robot to a bug-eyed big-mouthed underwater monster, this robot is ready to torment Hot Rod and Kup on behalf of the Quintessons. Until Grimlock shows up, anyway, then all bets are off. Ages 8 and up.

Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Wreck-Gar
    Fresh from the garbage piles of the planet of junk, it’s Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Wreck-Gar! (Actually he’s not junk, he’s a transforming motorcycle inspired by Transformers: The Movie where he was voiced by Eric Idle.) This spiky, cliche-spouting TV fanatic dares to be stupid and will gladly bludgeon invaders when they land on his home turf – be they friend or foe! Ultra Magnus is a pretty nice guy and the Junkions didn’t treat him well. We’re sure he’ll treat you well, though – but maybe keep him on a shelf far away from your favorite Autobot city commander. Ages 8 and up.

Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Dinobot Slug and Daniel
    “Sorry!” If you get in the way of the Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Dinobot Slug and Daniel Witwicky, he might just stomp on you. Or breathe fire on you. Slug isn’t big on brains, but he’s usually loyal and generally good at directing his cranky ire toward Decepticons and Quintessons. (And maybe some Autobots once in a while.) Decorated to match the animation of Transformers: The Movie and the original animated series, the robot is represented here with a red head and his blaster!

Transformers Shattered Glass Starscream
    Discover a universe that shatters everything you know about the Transformers robots…an upside-down world where the bad guys are good, and the good guys are bad. Welcome to Shattered Glass, an alternate universe where the heroic Decepticons battle the evil Autobots. Wait…what?
    Fans can explore this topsy-turvy reality with the Transformers Shattered Glass Collection, featuring classic Transformers characters, with a twist!
    Look for other Shattered Glass figures to build the ultimate alternate universe collection (each sold separately, subject to availability).
    Includes: Starscream figure, 2 Energon sword accessories, and instructions.
    Comes with the third of a 5-issue IDW Shattered Glass miniseries with a Hasbro Pulse exclusive variant cover (if purchased from Hasbro Pulse website).

I think Wreckgar looks nice in robot mode, but has a shocking bike mode.
    Gnaw seems unnecessary. Even though the PWT Gnaw was a little off with the shark head not being in the right spot in robot mode, it still looked a lot better than both modes of this new deluxe mould.

And are those swords for Starscream new?
    I don't recognise them, but they look nice, the way they combine together.
    BTW, this is the third Shattered Glass Starscream toy... catching up on Optimus, who has had 4 SG toys released by Hasbro so far.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Really got to disagree there about the Sharkticon. I gave serious consideration to the offerings of the last few years not too long ago, and concluded that they would have been better off staying down the oil wells. The atrocious articulation just made them worse.

This one... I'm grabbing at least three the first opportunity I get.

Wreck-Gar's alt mode is nothing special, but I imagine it looks a lot better when you have two of them (or at least one of these and one of the generic Junkions that are coming), which is how they are intended to go...

All of these are very pretty. I'm even a little bit tempted by the Starscream, and I don't give a fig for Shattered Glass...

Definitely getting all these SS86s. As for the Shattered Glass Starscream, at first I thought someone made a custom Jetfire. Then I realised something even better - all that early talk of Siege Starscream being a ripped off Battlestar Viper actually came true !

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That is a disappointing Slag. Look at those hind feet. The whole thing is weirdly boxy. This isn't the first Slag ever. Combiner Slag managed curves and proportions on a much smaller scale. This is a Leader for goodness sake. You have the space to pull off the look and there are literally dozens of examples in the last decade of how to fold up the rear legs. I have to say I am confused how they got something so simple looking.

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe the non-Grimlock Dinobots should be Voyagers.

Gnaw looks rather unhappy, tied up in that box. Wonder if there be a generic Sharkticon/troop builder variant.

All four new toys are now on Amazon Australia for pre-order, but only Gnaw and Slug/Slag is listed on EB Games & Zing at this time. (I don't know if they are getting Wreck-Gar or SG Starscream - maybe they are cutting back on Voyagers, as it is usually the first size class retailers seem to cut back on first here)

SS DLX Gnaw - August 1st - Amazon $35 - EB $40
    SS VOY Wreck-Gar - July 5th - Amazon $49 -
    SS LDR Slug - August 1st - Amazon $87 - EB $95

SG VOY Starscream - Sept 1st (TBC) - Amazon $59 -

Screen-shots of DLX Gnaw, in the hands of one of the two usual people who get their hands on unreleased toys.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks for that, the two that possibly won't (Wreck-Gar) and almost certainly won't (Slag) turn up here are now secured