Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Red Alert is a Walgreens Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Pretty sure they always get the “Walgreens” exclusives, and we always miss out :-(
    Yep, same happened with ER Bluestreak

It's $28 SGD + post from The Falcons Hangar & that was the first place I looked.
    Walgreens exclusive schmallgreens exclusive. Expand your horizons.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    It's $28 SGD + post from The Falcons Hangar & that was the first place I looked.
    Interesting.

Two questions arise - how are they able to sell it for so little (won't they have to buy from Walgreens and then export it?), and why do they claim to have it in stock already, when it won't be in stock at Walgreens until August?

I don't particularly want to look a gift horse in the mouth (the Singapore dollar is pretty much at parity with ours, and postage won't be a huge amount), but this just seems too good to be true.
    Last edited by JJJ; 1st July 2021 at 09:51 PM.

TFH and others get their stock straight from Hasbro Asia. Considering they're made in Vietnam, it makes sense they'd get them earlier. Oh and they're usually open to general retail too.

Basically, just because a Transformer is exclusive in US doesn't mean it's exclusive to US.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Interesting.

Two questions arise - how are they able to sell it for so little (won't they have to buy from Walgreens and then export it?), and why do they claim to have it in stock already, when it won't be in stock at Walgreens until August?

I don't particularly want to look a gift horse in the mouth (the Singapore dollar is pretty much at parity with ours, and postage won't be a huge amount), but this just seems too good to be true.
    Hasbro in Asia (Hong Kong, which supplies to Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia) just about sells everything... because a "store exclusive" in America (or any western country) is only a restricted item within that particular country. Even the "exclusives" in HK seem to be available in independent toy stores as well, so if they want it (the independent stores) they seem to be able to buy it. (even SDCC exclusives can be found in Asia every year, as they aren't exclusive over there)

Cool

Wish I'd known all this a lot earlier, would have saved a bit of money on a few items, and probably would have obtained some things that I've missed because they were exclusive.

Looks like this place might see some extra orders soon. Thanks for the info, Sinnertwin.

-edit-

Is it usual for there not to be any sign of a placed order within your account after, well, placing it? I have a Paypal record, but nothing in TFH's site...
    Last edited by JJJ; 2nd July 2021 at 09:07 AM.

Never dealt with TFH before but may take some time to register on their site. Otherwise I'd contact them just to make sure your order went through.

Registering (and activating) took only a minute or two. I sent them a message via their contact page and it (the page) faulted...

The message I tried sending again just now seems to have gone through, as I've just recieved a copy by e-mail. I'm hoping that there's just some manual back-end part to the ordering process, rather than it being fully automated, and that the issue is that nobody's at work until noon

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I didn't know they existed. Thanks! I've ordered one from them.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I keep getting "Access Denied" errors when trying to checkout.