Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Jurassic Park crossover toy

Still better names than the X-Men crossover hahahaha

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm sure its a completely new mould, with no parts shared or anything, but there seems to me to be a lot of SS86 Jazz in the engineering there...

And yeah, it'd be nice to see some of this in a new Skids Not the elbows, obviously, or the feet, but the rest seems a reasonably good fit.

The details and images below are from the Amazon America listing, which has this set priced at us$105 for November 1st. It quotes a shipping price to Australia of about us$41, which would end up costing about au$200 shipped... a hefty price for a Leader and what could be a Deluxe (or even for a Voyager). Even in America it is expensive, as their Leader class rrp is us$50 and Deluxe rrp is about us$20, making this set about us$20-30 more than it probably should be.

But for us here, this set is supposed to be released here (there was a listing back in April, but was removed for being listed too early), and hopefully they put it back up soon.
    The price at that time was au$92, which is clearly incorrect as it is a lot less than the American price, but it will be interesting to see if Amazon Australia keeps it at that price when the listing returns, or if they will cancel existing pre-orders and bump up the price to match the American price.

• MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Transformers robots have always been: More Than Meets the Eye, but now, through the Transformers Collaborative, fans can experience these larger than life characters as they team-up, mash-up, and meet up with other characters, teams, and people who share this same special quality
    • TRANSFORMERS-JURASSIC PARK MASH-UP: Tyrannocon Rex is on the loose! It’s up to Autobot JP93 to track her down and stop her from wreaking havoc on Jurassic Park
    • WELCOME…TO JURASSIC PARK: The Tyrannocon Rex figure converts into T. rex mode in 27 steps and the Autobot JP93 figure converts into licensed Ford Explorer mode in 18 steps. Both figures feature deco and details inspired by the Jurassic Park movie
    • AWESOME DETAIL AND ACCESSORY: Autobot JP93 comes with a blaster accessory that can attach to figure in both modes and the Tyrannocon Rex figure features detailed molded dino texture
    • SPECIAL JURASSIC PARK-INSPIRED PACKAGING: Packaging is inspired by the iconic T. rex attack scene in Jurassic Park

(some more images have been archived here)

Okay, correction.... the listing is back up on the Hasbro pre-order page on Amazon Australia, but you still can't get onto the actual product page.
    But, since it is back on the pre-order page, you can pre-order it.... at au$91.70!
    It also says that it is being released October 1st (to arrive October 3rd to 5th), so it will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

I just pre-ordered it, so maybe get onto it before they change the price (back) to what it should be. Because it is currently at Leader pricing, which means you would be getting JP93 free.... if they don't change the price and force people to re-preorder it at the full price.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I'm sure its a completely new mould, with no parts shared or anything, but there seems to me to be a lot of SS86 Jazz in the engineering there...

And yeah, it'd be nice to see some of this in a new Skids Not the elbows, obviously, or the feet, but the rest seems a reasonably good fit.
    Hmm, I wonder if there's a WFC Kingdom Earthmode Hound somewhere in there between JP93 and Jazz...

The pre order was still up on Amazon AU so i just ordered it. Can't say no at that price!

After Maverick I'm not convinced that we'll see that Ford Explorer in a mainline release. You'd think that Hasbro might be able to find some use for the Maverick mold as a Jetfire, though I guess they're still wary of Harmony Gold.

I'm a bit surprised that its the Ford Explorer and not a Wrangler. The Ford just sat on rails and got tipped in the movie.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I love this set! Is it a new t rex mold?

So its a cardboard jeep underneath the t-rex. Was hoping for a solid vehicle