Hi Guys. I've been lurking on and off for awhile and I thought it best to bite the bullet and join in.

Watched the cartoon on The Early Bird Show - captured my imagination. Never saw Optimus or Megatron at retail - they became such objects of awe, spoken of in revered whispers at primary school. My best friend did get Megatron as a birthday present though.
Wow, underwhelming.

Didn't see season three. Didn't see the movie. My Mum said it was just a big toy commercial. Well, yeah.

Time moved on. Still found myself at the Toy Store upon occasion, a High School guilty pleasure, checking up on them. A tiny robot transforming into a gun? Cool. A robot in a human? umm...

And then there was Beast Wars - which I instantly dismissed. A hairy Optimus with a mouth? Ugh.

Somehow I ended giving it a proper shot. Damn. Amazing.

RID. Armada. Energon. Cybertron. *SIGH* I'd shake my head, but I fear it would fly clear off.

And now it's today. I have a Beast Machines Box Set I've been meaning to watch and the Anniversary Edition movie which I have. I have my own Optimus Prime and my own Megatron (reissues natch'). He's still underwhelming, but he's just so WOW as well.