Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 25th Optimus now out in Oz.

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Maybe Hasbro are aiming this at people who've never owned a G1 Prime before - Let alone a G1 figure (I'm talking about non-TF people).

If you were a non-TF person, how would you know that this 25th Anniv. edition is the worst G1 Prime ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    Maybe Hasbro are aiming this at people who've never owned a G1 Prime before - Let alone a G1 figure (I'm talking about non-TF people).

If you were a non-TF person, how would you know that this 25th Anniv. edition is the worst G1 Prime ever?
    This "kind of" falls into the category of people who don't have online access or a habit of ordering online.

I was after it for the complete package too, so without the DVD it's a bit disappointing and I'm less inclined to buy it.

My Optimus Prime has a broken spine, broken smokestacks, broken trailer door, major chrome wear, and is missing Roller's accessories... but I've had it since my 7th birthday (and done all the damage personally) so I love it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    My Optimus Prime has a broken spine, broken smokestacks, broken trailer door, major chrome wear, and is missing Roller's accessories... but I've had it since my 7th birthday (and done all the damage personally) so I love it anyway
    I still keep all my old toys too, after I got the new reissue versions. Can never get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was after it for the complete package too, so without the DVD it's a bit disappointing and I'm less inclined to buy it.

sheesh..at least my original prime didn't suffer that much like yours. i've got an Ultra Magnus junker cab with a good spine if you wanna repair it...

was gonna do a black (dead) prime out of him anyway

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post

That 2-tone colouring is terrible. At least on the seibertron pics it was front on, so it looked like it was all pink, but with just the diecast part being pink, the side-on view, it's packaged view, looks like a poor imitation KO.

I think they should have tried to get the US version released here. All they would need to do is put a small sticker on it saying NTSC region 1 DVD. DVD stores and retailers do the same thing with NTSC versions, but not sure if they have to stock region 4 though.

I'd still prefer the US version, because I'd be keeping mine displayed sealed, and the US versioin hides all the accessories and has the front artwork.

It took me about 10 minutes to find it, but I found the US retail price - US$70 (plus tax - 5-10%) - so our retail price isn't too bad on todays exchange rate, despite the missing DVD. Hasbro AU probably had it paid and on its way from China before the exchange rate crashed, but it's usually the smaller classes they over-charge on. We usually get a good deal on the larger figures here.
    The US version listing at the US Hasbro site:
    http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/d...oduct_id=22776

Wouldn't mind picking this up at k marts sale... have a (nearly) 3 year old nephew that could use this for christmas... the safety features would be nice for him.

I was worried about getting the UK/Asian version in New Zealand and I am glad that I went ahead and got the American version from HTS during their last sale. Perfer the overal completness of the packaging even if the back of the box shows a better product (Encore release with Silver Rollar)

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

These are out already? Time to start raiding local shops!!

Yeah right... who am I kidding. I live in Darwin...

Saw some at the Doncaster Myer. Wasn't impressed. Big pass for me
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|