Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Also, numbers from international retailers are likely not in that total yet.
    Everyone seems to be relying on that at this stage, but I wonder how accurate that statement is.

I am sure that there could been some streamlining since the Unicron project to have retail orders be more real time. But on the other hand, I can also imagine that retailers like EB Games only want to put in one order, rather than multiple single orders.

For Unicron, EB Games had to give their numbers weekly... as this was a new concept and Hasbro was very keen to keep track of what was going on with the pre-orders.
    It wasn't until the very end that our numbers were being added to the Hasbro Pulse website numbers, and then the foreign numbers (from here and other countries doing pre-orders) were being added several times in the last few weeks.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Speaking of Unicron, I recall you, Griffin, mentioning that Australia ordered a disproportionate amount of Unicrons (something like 700, was it? I can't locate your post via the search function). What do people reckon our share of Victory Saber might come to? Are we as JG1 mad as we were Unicron mad?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Speaking of Unicron, I recall you, Griffin, mentioning that Australia ordered a disproportionate amount of Unicrons (something like 700, was it? I can't locate your post via the search function). What do people reckon our share of Victory Saber might come to? Are we as JG1 mad as we were Unicron mad?
    I think we had a higher than expected number here because our price was a lot less than it should have been. The US price was about us$570, which would usually mean about au$1100-1200... but since we got it here for about au$850, it was cheaper than importing it, something that isn't normally possible, so it was too tempting for those interested (and with about 18 months to save up or pay it off, compared to America and Japan that had to pre-pay the entire amount, we had a lot of people here able to "afford it" that couldn't afford it in America in their much shorter time frame).

Tier 2 has been announced….

A clear flight stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Tier 2 has been announced….

A clear flight stand.
    Pretty much what I was expecting. I am still gobsmacked by all the people demanding (at least) an extra deluxe-class figure.

Given the HasLab Galactus's tiers include three 6" Marvel Legends figures I'm not surprised people want a bit more than "a flight stand".

I still expect a Jan figure (likely a non-poseable figurine like that recent Sam figurine) to be a later inclusion, they could even throw in Siege's Stakeout and Red Heat and call them Holi and Fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Given the HasLab Galactus's tiers include three 6" Marvel Legends figures I'm not surprised people want a bit more than "a flight stand".

I still expect a Jan figure (likely a non-poseable figurine like that recent Sam figurine) to be a later inclusion, they could even throw in Siege's Stakeout and Red Heat and call them Holi and Fire!
    Well... There's a lot more work going into make a deluxe transformer than there is in making a Marvel Legends figure (where much of the work is done by paint).

And people have already blown up over the prospect of re-using the Siege figures because the colours are wrong.

The extra sales do drop the overall cost of each unit a bit (economy of scale and all), thus enabling the same unit price to be used to produce more stuff, but not by as much as lots of people seem to think. Sure, it's "just" a flight stand, but it still costs a pile to produce, because it'll be injection moulded.

I agree it's unlikely to be another Transformers (unless reusing existing toys)

I thought the Japanese releases of the Micromasters were the same toys? Repaints to make the Siege toys look more like the Victory ones would seem a rather easy win though?

There seems to be some confusion about this. There's an extra gun and blast effects at 14k backers and the flight stand at 17k backers.
    https://bwtf.com/news/haslab-stretch...Za4c09ULILMx0s
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.