Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The sword can be configured either as G1 toy accurate or JP G1 cartoon accurate. So you can flip the blade around 90 degrees meaning the flat side faces forward.
    Thanks.
    My impressions of Star Saber are from the G1 box art and MP-24. I didn't know that the G1 toy's blades were placed the same way as the Haslab promo shots. It's nice that the designers have given the fans both options.

Tier 3 has been announced, with it featuring his shield, and Micromasters Holi and Fire. I would've preferred if they did Pipo and Boater (Aka Fixit and Seawatch) since they are only slight redecos of characters who were already based off Micromasters we already have.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Some of the images from that link...

The two Micromasters/Microns are Holi (police car) and Fire (the fire truck), which the original Japanese toys were very similar to the Hasbro versions of the Rescue Patrol.... so you would expect that these two Victory toys would look the same as the Siege Micromaster toys, but Holi is being coloured to resemble the Japanese cartoon, which was mostly white instead of black. Fire was the same in the cartoon though, so this Victory version might just end up being a lighter "anime" colour.

Am I the only one who thinks that the line between Generations and Masterpiece is getting really blurred?

Probably due to the better computer programs being used these days designing Transformers toys, the engineering and sculpting for Generations toys is surpassing many of the earlier Masterpiece toys... and when it comes to character toys like Victory Saber and Trainbots, the toys could go in either category... to the extent that if they had done a Masterpiece Victory Leo toy, would there really be a need for this Haslab version? It's size, complexity and detailing is Masterpiece quality... so why not just call it a Masterpiece.
    It almost feels like it just comes down to the type of plastic being used (hard/glossy for MPs vs soft/dull for Generations) to differentiate Masterpiece from the more complex Generations toys.

I think the styling of this Star Sabre is quite different to the MP, the vibe is different. I think the quality of Generations toys has gone way up, as has the attention to cartoon accuracy, but there is still a vibe difference to the modern MPs. They still look and feel ultimately like toys.

Given the higher frequency of characters in CHUG and the surprisingly not uncommon occurrence of major QC problems in recent MP releases, I wouldn’t be shocked if more and more people are jumping ship. They’ve been turning the price dial for MPs up to a pretty ridiculous level too. I still think both have their place, but MP is being outpaced at an alarming rate.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that the line between Generations and Masterpiece is getting really blurred?

Probably due to the better computer programs being used these days designing Transformers toys, the engineering and sculpting for Generations toys is surpassing many of the earlier Masterpiece toys... and when it comes to character toys like Victory Saber and Trainbots, the toys could go in either category... to the extent that if they had done a Masterpiece Victory Leo toy, would there really be a need for this Haslab version? It's size, complexity and detailing is Masterpiece quality... so why not just call it a Masterpiece.
    It almost feels like it just comes down to the type of plastic being used (hard/glossy for MPs vs soft/dull for Generations) to differentiate Masterpiece from the more complex Generations toys.
    No, I'm of the same opinion
    The bread and butter figures being released today put some of the MP's to shame, like SS86 Hot Rod vs his MP incarnation. As Bidoofdude pointed out price is another factor which makes the retail releases even more desirable.

I seen a few people selling their MP collections because these new releases are pretty much mini masterpieces. And I tend to agree.

Why do I get the feeling the Micromosters will turn up in another pack in the future if they don't get included with Star Saber?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I have seen a few people selling their MP collections because these new releases are pretty much mini masterpieces. And I tend to agree.
    I'm thinking of doing exactly that. MPs have become so complex, expensive and fragile that I really don't like the line anymore.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

It's especially evident with the BW MP, I love the look of them, but they feel too fragile and we've seen damage to Megatrons hips. I don't think I'll sell my MPs, but with the new expensive rehash of characters of late, I'm less and less buying MP

I've been feeling like that for a while now, that maybe some MP these days are basically a bit larger and more expensive prototypes for a generations figure

I was surprised when they announced this, I thought the character was from the Japan only series originally? Not something I thought would have a lot of appeal but it's cool they could crowd fund it and it worked