Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

I hope there's some cancelled preorder stock. Didn't plan on getting this since I have the MP edition with 3P Leo and now they're doing Deathsaurus (whom I've yet to find a good MP scale one available) so this would make a perfect combo

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrick View Post
    I hope there's some cancelled preorder stock. Didn't plan on getting this since I have the MP edition with 3P Leo and now they're doing Deathsaurus (whom I've yet to find a good MP scale one available) so this would make a perfect combo
    If there were cancellations, then there were less items made. There is no pool of un-allocated items floating about on the off-chance of someone to sell them to turning up (there will be extras for replacements, but that's it).

If you didn't order this at the time, then you'll be buying it at painful prices from someone who bought extra.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    If there were cancellations, then there were less items made. There is no pool of un-allocated items floating about on the off-chance of someone to sell them to turning up (there will be extras for replacements, but that's it).
    That's not quite how it works. It depends on when the cancellation is made.
    If someone cancels their EB order just before it's in, the stock doesn't magically vanish from existence. EB will still have it available on their site as a preorder/order, but that said, there's no guarantee you'll happen to catch one fluttering from unavailable to available before someone else does. This happened with Unicron also. [so you're telling me there's a chance.gif]

But more than likely, it's going to be this:
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    If you didn't order this at the time, then you'll be buying it at painful prices from someone who bought extra.

Well, yes, EB would have an extra one at that point (I'm still surprised they permit cancellations of these things, to be honest). But they won't be selling it for $370 (which is probably why they permit cancellations ). But EB orders are the rare odd-one-out - the vast majority of cancellations would have resulted in fewer toys made.

Interesting. There's a Kiwi over on TFW who has received his Victory Sabre from EB Games. What might this mean for us, I wonder? My order on the EB site hasn't changed at all...

I guess it is possible, as the stock should have made its way into the country by now through Hasbro Australia... and since these don't have an official release date, they should be on their way to people and stores now.

Got a call from EB about an hour ago saying my Victory Saber is in their warehouse.
    Now to go and fix up the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Got a call from EB about an hour ago saying my Victory Saber is in their warehouse.
    Now to go and fix up the balance.
    I called my local store today. I paid him off a little while ago because I knew about their stupid policy of it must be paid in full before it gets sent to a store. They said he should still be out on the 1st of December.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Yup, was told this afternoon I need to pay the remainder before they send it out. Interestingly that was not the case with Unicron... Nor anything else I've paid a depost on with them.

And when I paid just now, they mentioned that the whole sending out on the 1st is just a placeholder. They do at least expect to receive it in December...
    Last edited by JJJ; 29th November 2022 at 05:30 PM.

Just had the same call (I have $100 left on it that I was going to pau when picking g it up), but told that I have to pay it off before it gets sent to the store.
    The store manager said it was a new policy from head office, and that he didn't agree with it but had to enforce it.
    If I had know, I would have paid it off while I was there yesterday so that it would be on its way out already.