Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Like unicron there would have only been one shipment... and I haven't heard of anyone else yet not getting theirs already, so I'd he contacting their head office customer service number AND email. Because that's not right and they need to investigate why your store has lost yours.

Yeah. I'll be sending them an email to try and figure out what has happened. since it definitely doesn't make any sense.
    hopefully chasing things up will result in things turning out ok and my VS isn't just lost to the aether.

So there’s a rumour going around that because of the orders for Europe that Zavvi cancelled as well all the QC issues, Hasbro will be making more VS to replace the ones with issues. Don’t know how true it is but people on TFW are saying that Hasbro has stopped sending out replacement parts and started asking people to return for refunds. Has anyone reached out to EB to ascertain if there is any truth to it and if so, how that will work for Aus buyers?
    Last edited by Trent; 8th January 2023 at 03:40 PM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The rumour that allegedly a Hasbro customer support person told someone that there was a second run of VS being made?

I won't put any stock in that until I see a statement directly from Hasbro. And I'll state right now that I firmly expect never to see such a statement. It'd be great, would be delighted to be wrong here, but I just don't see Hasbro doing it, especially not for the tiny numbers involved.

I’ve read people say they did something similar for the Jabba’s sail barge Haslab because it had a few issues.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I’ve read people say they did something similar for the Jabba’s sail barge Haslab because it had a few issues.
    Ask one of these people to point to a source for this. No Haslab project has had more than the initial production run. I expect they've all produced more units than were ordered, yes, because that's standard - you allow for bad castings, and you also make more as spare parts for a certain amount of customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Ask one of these people to point to a source for this. No Haslab project has had more than the initial production run. I expect they've all produced more units than were ordered, yes, because that's standard - you allow for bad castings, and you also make more as spare parts for a certain amount of customer service.
    Calm down. I’m merely repeating the rumour I read. There does seem to be a higher than normal rate of QC issues for VS. Unicron didn’t have anywhere the problems and I’ve hardly heard anything about galactus. The rest I’ve not paid attention to so can’t say. But it’s not beyond the realms of possibility. But equally it might not happen. I don’t really care either way. The spare VS I bought from EB has a little blemish in the SS chest paint that if there’s a way to get it rectified, then great. Otherwise it’s hardly the end of the world for me. And the one I opened had the issue with the nose cone not plugging in but 5 minutes with a drill bit and a knife fixed that so overall I’m happy. But it would be nice for others that have had far more serious issues if they could have it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Yeah. I'll be sending them an email to try and figure out what has happened. since it definitely doesn't make any sense.
    hopefully chasing things up will result in things turning out ok and my VS isn't just lost to the aether.
    How did you go with this, any response from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    How did you go with this, any response from them?
    Was actually coming to this thread to provide an update.

I got my first response on Friday which was to the effect of "we don't know what's happening here, we'll chase it up with the buying team on Monday and let you know when we have more information"

I got another email today with the follow up. Apparently the buying team confirmed there have been some shipping issues that they are currently looking into, and that February is the current ETA until they have more information and that the next contact I should receive should be my selected store confirming that it has arrived.

(They didn't say if that delay was from hasbro to their warehouse, or from the warehouse to my selected store. I may message them again to clarify)

So... I guess I just keep playing the waiting game... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Given everything I'm hearing about Victory Saber having QC issues, and the rumours of a replacement run. I'm hoping that it doesn't actually take until sometime in Feb to show up, in case it needs to be returned/replaced.
    I kind of regret ordering Deathsaurus now since this is making me not want to do any expensive crowdfunded purchases again.

Yeah that's weird, because the agent I'm speaking to currently just offered me one from warehouse to replace the one the store staff cut open, with the language they used implying that there are actually some.

Fwiw, I'm not seeking a replacement, but I thought it was an interesting observation. Overall it seems nobody there has a complete idea of what is actually happening.