Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm not too familiar with Victory Leo and Star Sabre beyond the MP I got back when it came out. Is image 2 on the Hasbro Pulse site of Victory Leo's robot mode?
    Yes.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/01...g?v=1630068832
    That is Victor Leo in robot mode.

I like Star Sabre and Victory was a good show. I dig my Masterpiece quite a bit, and while excited to see this guy, I am... unsure. Like Sabre, Star Sabre and Victory Leo are all cool and all, but Victory Sabre just looks naff. The platform shoes are just kinda stupid. He would probably look very flash next to my Legends Dai Atlus though
    I'm gonna need some thinking time about this one.

Despite my initial price protestations, I'm considering putting a preorder down so that a year from now if I haven't decided I don't like him my family can put in as a joint Christmas present or whatever.

It isn't paying over what I would personally if it's not one person paying it *taps temple*

If it reaches more of its goals, it should be a lot better value in the end. You're only out $10 at this point so may as well.

EB Games in New Zealand have also listed it, at the same price as ours (in nz$) with a pre-order deposit of $100... which suggests that the EB Games Australia deposit amount is a typo, and was meant to be $100 as well.
    Less risk for us, but the EB Games company isn't going to be too happy when they figure it out, as they would have been hoping to get a fair bit in the bank to sit on for a year (or pay to Hasbro, if they have to pay something beforehand as well)

In other words, if you are thinking about getting this figure, best get your pre-order in now, in case they fix it and start charging $100 deposit. After all, $10 isn't much of a risk, or hit to the budget, for something that is over a year away.
    Last edited by griffin; 30th August 2021 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    EB Games in New Zealand have also listed it, at the same price as ours (in nz$) with a pre-order deposit of $100... which suggests that the EB Games Australia deposit amount is a typo, and was meant to be $100 as well.
    Less risk for us, but the EB Games company isn't going to be too happy when they figure it out, as they would have been hoping to get a fair bit in the bank to sit on for a year (or pay to Hasbro, if they have to pay something beforehand as well)

In other words, if you are thinking about getting this figure, best get your pre-order in now, in case they fix it and start charging $100 deposit. After all, $10 isn't much of a risk, or hit to the budget, for something that is over a year away.
    In the past when they make that mistake they have asked for the remaining amount. So be aware there is a chance they will ask for $90 to keep your preorder.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    In the past when they make that mistake they have asked for the remaining amount. So be aware there is a chance they will ask for $90 to keep your preorder.
    Hopefully not, but if they do that, I am going to cancel the preorder. No way am I giving $100 (nearly a third of the price) to a company to hold for a product 1+ year from now. Would rather without the toy as it's something I would like to have, not a must have. Even Unicron only required $100 and that was a $848 product so it was more risk to the retailer.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post
    Hopefully not, but if they do that, I am going to cancel the preorder. No way am I giving $100 (nearly a third of the price) to a company to hold for a product 1+ year from now. Would rather without the toy as it's something I would like to have, not a must have. Even Unicron only required $100 and that was a $848 product so it was more risk to the retailer.
    That is kinda strange mentality towards this…. Many of us enjoy the way zing can do the preorders. Sure it’s 10 now, but I’ll be putting 20 on each of mine at least every month. Will be paid off long before it arrives, so 10 or 100 down who really cares?

That said…. Ark and Black Zara’s were 50 down for 300 products….

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    That is kinda strange mentality towards this…. Many of us enjoy the way zing can do the preorders. Sure it’s 10 now, but I’ll be putting 20 on each of mine at least every month. Will be paid off long before it arrives, so 10 or 100 down who really cares?
    I prefer keeping money in my own account if possible. Sure, the chances of Zing running away with your money is low, but it's still higher risk than me keeping it in my bank account and paying it at the end. I've seen many companies go bust and the people with gift cards or money on preorders always get the shaft and not getting it back (some are lucky with credit card chargeback). I also don't like a company holding my money when I can hold it myself and do whatever I want with it, and I will budget for the lump payment instead. My own personal preference.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I wouldn't blame you if it was one of those amateur stores that sell Transformers, but EB/Zing are a pretty safe risk.

On that note, I placed my order with EB last night. Still can't say I'm super keen on Star Saber (never have been), but I don't want to regret it if I change my mind later.
    That said, I do genuinely want to see this get funded for those who have been waiting for this to happen for a long time, like Vairn and Shadow Maru.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.