Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Victory Saber

I got a message to pick up mine yesterday... a week after I had paid it off (despite being in the same city as the main warehouse).

I also agree whole-heartedly about this needing to remain sealed in its shipping carton until you get home... and if the store had removed it from the brown shipper box, check to make sure nothing is missing before you accept it and walk out of the store.
    When I got mine home and cut open the brown shipper box, I carefully slid out the Victory Saber box, and out fell the sword blade, which was already loose out of the plastic accessory tray. That sort of thing could have been easily lost in a store if it wasn't noticed.
    It is very disappointing that they would put so much into the presentation, only to fail protecting the entire package from falling apart during handling and transport.

Picked mine up this arvo. The box is both the best and worst designed in recent memory. The poor girl putting it in the bag for me had the inner box sliding out into the bag and the look of terror on her face worrying that she had just destroyed the whole thing.

And just after reading Griffins post about the sword falling out. Mine is missing the sword. I really hope the store finds it for me. I didn’t even notice it missing in the tray when I checked it in the car. Why didn’t they put a band around it to hold it in place.

HOLD THE PHONE!!! Third and final edit. I FOUND THE SWORD BLADE!!! After searching the car, I came in and started to take the box apart just incase it had slid under part of the box fold overs. I pulled out star sabers plastic insert and there lodged under the cardboard at the bottom was the sword. The euphoric wave of relief I’m experiencing is making all my worries go away.
    Last edited by TilAllAreOne; 9th December 2022 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I also agree whole-heartedly about this needing to remain sealed in its shipping carton until you get home... and if the store had removed it from the brown shipper box, check to make sure nothing is missing before you accept it and walk out of the store.
    Retailers just don't get the whole SIOC (ships in own container) thing, this is just Amazon all over again... These containers really need to be made more clear

I'd be tempted to say the item arrived incomplete or not as new if the SIOC carton was discarded

Got mine on Thursday, missing a chip of plastic on the leg and has some paint issues
    Contacted both Hasbro australia and Zing, hasbro said they can’t supply parts or a replacement and zing is yet to reply
    It’s such a tease having that box there and not opening it more

One of the slots where the nose cone is meant to plug in to Saber is filled in with plastic on my copy. Love paying 370 bucks for an action master

That's been raised as a common defect unfortunately

---

Collected mine today, they had slit the shipper open to check the contents but I asked to check it in store before finalising the order anyway. It was when I saw the boxcutter mark across the top of the inner box that I made it clear that I wasn't happy over the non sealed, not as new condition given the limited and exclusive nature of the product.

No concessions over it from the staff at all

Not entirely hung up over the experience since it's just the top, however it brings me back to the SIOC boxes being a half baked idea; I'm really surprised they didn't print any product name on this one, it's just the SKU on it but really I think that staff should be informed on how to process products like these instead of being so boxcutter happy
    Last edited by Tranceblade; 11th December 2022 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SarhBear View Post
    One of the slots where the nose cone is meant to plug in to Saber is filled in with plastic on my copy. Love paying 370 bucks for an action master
    Sorry to hear that SarhBear. Does the fault mean you can't transform or combine? If so, I would expect a refund as it's not fit for purpose due to manufacturing error. It's these times when I'm glad I have a pretty limited range of figures I want to collect (and Japanese G1 are not essential for me). There's only so much bittersweetness I can stand with expensive figures (looking at you MP57 Skyfire ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    That's been raised as a common defect unfortunately
    happy
    Yeah, that's why I went and checked mine. I'd just been fiddling around with the robots and hadn't actually gone to transform them yet and then seeing that stuff it was like "well I should go and check that, actually."

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Sorry to hear that SarhBear. Does the fault mean you can't transform or combine? If so, I would expect a refund as it's not fit for purpose due to manufacturing error. It's these times when I'm glad I have a pretty limited range of figures I want to collect (and Japanese G1 are not essential for me). There's only so much bittersweetness I can stand with expensive figures (looking at you MP57 Skyfire ).
    It means you can't actually clip the nose cone in so you have to just kind of let it hang there with a big gap in the front of the jet where it isn't actually connected. I assume the rest of the functionality is probably unaffected by the issue

Calling it an Action Master was a bit overly dramatic but it's still a right pain for something that I can't just easily go exchange to arrive in this state

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, fortunately that looks like something that can be easily rectified with a dremel or similar tool.

Picked up mine today, no sign of the shipping container. I had read earlier posts so checked the accessories were there. I can see how the sword could be misplaced: it's one of the few not held down by a plastic tie.
    The box art looks nice but it doesn't feel very sturdy. Driving home the inner box managed to slide out of the outer covering (or maybe I take corners too fast ).
    The guy who served me offered to tape it shut for me but I kindly declined.