Thread: RIP Brian Goldner

Default RIP Brian Goldner

Hasbro CEO Brian Goldner has recently passed away.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/hasb...h-reasons.html

Wow

That article talks about the death of their son previously too - that family has felt such tragedy.

My own dad died from cancer at a similar age, so I really feel for his wife and daughter.

Hasbro the way it is now is really because of him - the first CEO from outside the original Hassenfeld family to head the company. It will be interesting to see who follows in his footsteps.

I saw it on tfw this morning and was just stunned.
    The two links on there had him working right up to October 10th when he "suddenly" take medical leave, and was gone October 12th... which suggests dedication, or not wanting to allow anyone else take the reigns... until it was too late, as high stress jobs destroy immune systems, and him dying so quickly probably meant he could have lived a lot longer if he had taken time off earlier to treat his condition.

I'm just amazed that he had been so active like nothing was wrong... which I shouldn't be surprised about, as share-price driven companies like Hasbro manage their news as much as their products, as bad news (or the wrong interpretation of news) can negatively affect the share price, which affects the net worth of a CEO who be sitting on thousands or even millions of shares as part of their contract.

Being someone who went to the annual Transformers conventions since 1999, I am very familiar with Brian Goldman (he was even at one of the BotCons, but only briefly at the Hall of Fame awards, commemorating Michael Bay). I remember back to when he got the top job just after the first movie and how he was the big name at Hasbro that we would hear often with anything publicly announced about Hasbro.
    Last edited by griffin; 14th October 2021 at 09:59 AM.