Thread: FEBRUARY 2022 Transformers comics and books

Default FEBRUARY 2022 Transformers comics and books

The Transformers comics and books scheduled for release in FEBRUARY 2022, with details and covers here.

Transformers #40
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A) Anna Malkova (CA) Angel Hernandez (CA) Nick Brokenshire (CA) Andrew Griffith
    Shattered! The Autobots have withdrawn to the Crystal City and the Decepticons are at their gates! But with Optimus Prime and Bumblebee finally reunited, will this be the Autobots’ last stand or their greatest hour?! Don’t miss the other side of the epic story in this month’s Transformers: War’s End too!

Transformers: Beast Wars #13
    (W) Erik Burnham (A) Josh Burcham (CA) SidVenBlu (CA) Phillip Johnson (CA) Colm Griffin
    The Beast Wars rage on! After the Maximals’ assault on the Predacon base, both sides are looking for a win. When an energon treasure trove is unveiled, the race is on! It’s a good thing the Maximals have Cheetor on their side-or is it?
    Recent and Upcoming TPBs & Books.
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 4 - Declaration of War HC - 304 pages (was 280 pages) (Transformers #25-30, the Valentine's Day Special one-shot, and Transformers: Escape #1-5) - JAN 4th 2022 (was AUG 10th then NOV 9th 2021) (digital release JAN 26th 2022 - was OCT 27th 2021) (HC date could be wrong as digital release should be at the same time)
    -- My Little Pony/Transformers (series 2) Magic of Cybertron SC - 104 pages (all 4 issues) - JAN 18th 2022 (was DEC 7th 2021) (digital release JAN 26th 2022 - was OCT 27th 2021)
    -- Transformers Beast Wars Vol 1 SC - 160 pages (was 144 pages) (issues 1-6) - FEB 8th 2022 (was DEC 14th 2021, then JAN 4th 2022) (digital release JAN 26th 2022 - was OCT 27th 2021)
    -- IDW Collection Phase 3 Vol 2 HC - 384 pages (Till All Are One #9–12, Optimus Prime #1–6, Lost Light #1–7) - MARCH 29th 2022 (digital release JAN 26th - date could be a placeholder)
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 5 - Horrors Near and Far HC - 296 pages (Transformers #31–36, Wreckers: Tread and Circuits #1–4, 2021 Annual, 2021 Halloween Special) - MAY 24th 2022 (digital release yet to be announced)
    -- Transformers Beast Wars Vol 2 SC - 144 pages (issues 7-12) - JUNE 28th 2022 (digital release yet to be announced)
    -- Transformers King Grimlock HC - 128 pages (all 5 issues) - JUNE 28th 2022 (digital release yet to be announced)
    -- Transformers Shattered Glass SC - 128 pages (all 5 issues) - JULY 26th 2022 (digital release yet to be announced)

November 2021 comics and books

December 2021 comics and books

January 2022 comics and books
    Last edited by griffin; 20th November 2021 at 02:27 PM.

I was under the impression that the Beast Wars comic was only going for 12 issues... so maybe it was actually doing better than expected and they have extended its run.
    Or they were running short on Transformers comics after three mini-series were ending close to each other (Shattered Glass, King Grimlock, Wreckers), so if Beast Wars ended at the same time, it would just leave the main series left on its own.
    EDIT - the Amazon listing for Vol 1 TPB says "Volume 1 collects issues #1-6 of the 12-issue series", which would be details submitted by IDW along with all the other product details, but I wonder if IDW announced the extension and I just missed it.

Actually, just revealed, a new comic expected in February is called "Wars End"... which sounds like it is tied into the main series, but could is it a red herring to make us think that the new story series is ending soon as well?

the four-issue War’s End whose creative team includes author Brian Ruckley, editor David Mariotte and artists Jack Lawrence, Angel Hernandez, and E.J. Su.
    “War’s End is about unfinished business: for both the characters and for Cybertron as a whole,” says Ruckley. “It’s the return of Cybertron’s traumatic past to upend its present… and answers the question: If your planet has at its core the collective Spark of your entire civilization, just how vulnerable might that make you?”
    Last edited by griffin; 20th November 2021 at 01:50 PM.

More info about the new comic "Wars End" ....

Transformers: War's End #1
    (W) Brian Ruckley (A) Jack Lawrence (CA) Angel Hernandez
    The Three-fold Spark has returned and nowhere on Cybertron is safe! Exarchon, who single-handedly started Cybertron's last war, walks among the living again. Reunited with his former generals, Shockwave and Skywarp, he seeks once more to conquer Cybertron! But there may be hope... if Cyclonus can convince Megatron to work with the Autobots! The can't miss companion to the Transformers ongoing!
    And more about the comic's setting and its creative team...

IDW Unleashes an Ancient Evil in Transformers: War’s End Comic Book

February’s Debut of New War’s End Miniseries Serves as an essential Companion to IDW’s Ongoing Transformers Series

SAN DIEGO, CA (November 16, 2021) – In February, IDW will redefine the meaning of villainy with the first issue of Transformers: War’s End, a must-read four-part miniseries written by Brian Ruckley, the architect of IDW’s monthly Transformers continuity, and illustrated by Jack Lawrence (Transformers: Lost Light).

In War’s End, the infamous warlord Exarchon, who single-handedly plunged Cybertron into darkness long ago, has returned and reunited with his former generals, Shockwave and Skywarp. Cyclonus, a warrior haunted by the horrors of that ancient conflict, seeks a glimmer of hope by testing the allegiance of Decepticon leader Megatron, whose own evil machinations have so recently fractured civilization into warring factions!

“War’s End is about unfinished business: for both the characters and for Cybertron as a whole. It’s the return of Cybertron’s traumatic past to upend its present... and answers the question: If your planet has at its core the collective Spark of your entire civilization, just how vulnerable might that make you?” says Ruckley. “I love the fact that we will get to act this out with some of my favorite characters: Cyclonus, Team Stream, Pyra Magna, Geomotus, and Exarchon. They all get to take center stage, play for the highest of high stakes, and discover their fates and their futures.”

"Up to now, my Transformers work has been post- or pre-war, so with War's End, I'm excited to contribute to the Cybertronian war itself. This story is, understandably, darker and grittier than what I've worked on before, so I'm looking forward to going shadowy and ominous with it. Plus, I get to draw characters I haven't worked with in a big way – characters I've loved for more than 35 years. There aren't really words for how incredibly exciting that is!” says Lawrence.

"Since launching in 2019, all our Transformers universe titles — the ongoing, Galaxies, Escape, Wreckers: Tread & Circuits, the 2021 Annual, the Valentine's Special, and the Halloween Special — have been the quilted pieces of an epic story, helmed by Brian Ruckley," says editor David Mariotte. "War's End and the ongoing series are where those threads weave together, showing the full picture of the Transformers mythos — past, present, and future — that we've been building for years."

Transformers: War’s End #1 will be available with multiple cover variants for retailers and fans to enjoy, each illustrated by fan-favorite artists long associated with IDW Transformers comics: Cover A by Angel Hernandez, Cover B by interior artist Jack Lawrence, and a Retailer Incentive edition by E.J. Su.
    The second last paragraph (which I put in bold), lets us know that pretty much everything published since 2019 is all tied together in this new universe, including the Wreckers comic.

A preview for issue 40 of the regular series has been released, so the comic might be out this week.

The first issue of the new mini-series "War's End" might be out this week, as a preview has been released.