Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ToyKingdom bought out by Toyworld.

Default ToyKingdom bought out by Toyworld.

Not really a TFs news item, but both franchises are regularly mentioned here.
    Toyworld have finalised their recent acquisition of the ToyKingdom franchise (most stores are in southern Australia like VIC).
    Mentioned in the November issue of Toy & Hobby Retailer Magazine, most of the 72 Toy Kingdom stores will probably be renamed Toyworld, but it is up to the individual store owners - they can remain as Toy Kingdom if they want, but only until they sell their store/business.
    Apparently the Toy Kingdom franchise (not necessarily the individual businesses) was in debt to a seven figure amount and close to collapse before Toyworld approached them in 2007.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I wonder if this would mean that the stuff that toy kingdom gets in, toyworld everywhere else will now too?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Well a world is much bigger than a kingdom anyways heehehe
    I have seen neither, is there any here in NSW? only other specuialty shop I ever went to here is Uncle Pete's...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I hope they come to Sydney in force, that way they can give TrU some proper competition and therefore make their prices more competitive.

Yes compete with TRU! more competition leads to lower pricing

Look at Big W's prices generally hehe

In Sydney, Big W has stuff all in terms of Transformers. Their Transformers section is pitful, granted I've only been to 3 stores in Sydney, but my hunting has proved fruitless.

Can't be stuffed trawling other metro stores as the cost of fuel negates any worthwhile finds.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Well a world is much bigger than a kingdom anyways heehehe
    I have seen neither, is there any here in NSW? only other specuialty shop I ever went to here is Uncle Pete's...
    I have a suspicion that Uncle Pete's Stores were already owned (or aligned) with ToyWorld already. Not sure why I think that way though...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Dang!

I hope this still means that TK gets the good stuff they get - I don't know that much about what TW gets - but my experience of TK has been generally very good

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I have a suspicion that Uncle Pete's Stores were already owned (or aligned) with ToyWorld already. Not sure why I think that way though...
    I can recall Uncle Pete's being around in the late 80's (There used to be a giant warehouse/store in Blacktown behind Main St) so maybe Uncle Pete's wanted to keep the name - for the recognition/association factor? *shrugs*

From memory, all the Toyworld's I have ever purchased merchandise from - be it action figures or hobby supplies, have always seemed to have larger floor areas and greater stock turn overs than any of the Toy Kingdom's I have ever purchased from. Hence it seems to make sense that the larger company is taking over the smaller.