Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buzzworthy Bumblebee year 2 - 2022

A new toy just released in Asia in Buzzworthy Bumblebee packaging - Silverstreak (using the Earthrise Prowl mould).

This toyline is getting really confusing (and frustrating for collectors like me, as it is not a regular retail line, so each item is not guaranteed for release here).
    The line doesn't seem to focus on Bumblebee with the majority of the toys, and it is starting to have way too many new moulds and decos, for a line that was pretty much just as re-release line in themed packaging.
    Also, this is the type of toy that should have been in GEN Selects, especially with the theme of the first two for this year being pre-Transformers decos (with the red Hoist and black Ironhide). A blue Bluestreak would have been perfect in that series and toy display.
    And what happened to the name? Did they lose the trademark again? We rarely get the blue deco to Bluestreak, and when we do finally get one, they don't name it right.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    And what happened to the name? Did they lose the trademark again? We rarely get the blue deco to Bluestreak, and when we do finally get one, they don't name it right.
    I just took it as a simple inverse of Bluestreak.
    Bluestreak = silver deco.
    Silverstreak therefore = blue deco.

It's silly, but we'd all have a fit if Hasbro "corrected" it now. They should never have ditched the blue Diaclone deco back in G1.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

A new toy just released in Asia in Buzzworthy Bumblebee packaging - Silverstreak (using the Earthrise Prowl mould).

This toyline is getting really confusing (and frustrating for collectors like me, as it is not a regular retail line, so each item is not guaranteed for release here).
    The line doesn't seem to focus on Bumblebee with the majority of the toys, and it is starting to have way too many new moulds and decos, for a line that was pretty much just as re-release line in themed packaging.
    Also, this is the type of toy that should have been in GEN Selects, especially with the theme of the first two for this year being pre-Transformers decos (with the red Hoist and black Ironhide). A blue Bluestreak would have been perfect in that series and toy display.
    Pretty sure buzzworthy as a line was created because target US wanted an exclusive line (walmart had netflix, amazon has golden disk, ER sets etc and other places stock gen selects)
    It’s an odd line though having releases from every part of the franchise (reissue of the AOE One step bee for some reason but also exclusives that are sought after by collectors in the same line)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've only seen the stilly 2pack with spike and the 5 pack with Fangry out in the wild.

Happy to have the latter even if I bought it for one character. Sad that I haven't seen any of the others.

Bluestreak has now been found at retail in the US as well.

A couple things noticed - the instructions have the Legacy logo, so might have originally been planned for the Legacy toyline, or at least, it lets collectors know that it is meant to be part of the Legacy theme, but just in different packaging to highlight it as an exclusive to a particular retailer.
    It also has the prefix "Autobot" before its name, suggesting that Hasbro has lost the trademark for "Silverstreak", which makes it even more confusing that they didn't call it Bluestreak (which they should still have the rights to).

Also to note, one of the sources of photos has already obtained the black Ironhide GEN Selects toy, which I don't think has yet been released anywhere officially yet... but could be in the hands of retailers, as it was listed for April 1st here, which is less than 2 weeks away.

I don't think this is coming here.

Also to note, one of the sources of photos has already obtained the black Ironhide GEN Selects toy, which I don't think has yet been released anywhere officially yet... but could be in the hands of retailers, as it was listed for April 1st here, which is less than 2 weeks away.
    It's been released in Singapore... I have already got mine.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Interesting that "Silverstreak" has the original Smokescreen hood and not the one they made for "Bluestreak" during ER

Three more Buzzworthy figures have been found in packaging, but these are more identical re-releases... and just Cyberverse 1-steps (Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Shockwave), so nothing too special (and if you look in enough stores here you might still find the originals.

This 3rd wave is dragging out a lot. The first two waves were released within the space of a month (wave 1 in America was December 2020 and wave 2 was July 2021 in America), so if Silverstreak and these 1-steps are part of wave 3, it's taken 4 months so far to be released).
    Last edited by griffin; 3rd April 2022 at 08:17 AM.

Silverstreak has been added to the Hasbro Pulse website for us$25 (with about a dozen official images), and available to purchase.

Exclusive to Target with limited quantities available on HasbroPulse.com.

Buzzworthy Bumblebee figures feature special Buzzworthy Bumblebee collectible packaging. Collect more Buzzworthy Bumblebee figures, only at Target (each sold separately, subject to availability).

Includes: Figure, 3 accessories, and instructions.

• BUZZWORTHY BUMBLEBEE: You've probably heard the buzz, but Bumblebee is kind of a big deal. And now the bodacious bot is making his mark with a line of some of the most buzzworthy Bumblebee products for fans of all ages
    • TRANSFORMERS G1-INSPIRED DESIGN: This Transformers: Legacy 5.5-inch Autobot Silverstreak robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design
    • G1-INSPIRED ALT MODE: Autobot Silverstreak figure converts from robot to sports car mode in 15 steps
    • AWESOME ACCESSORIES: Includes 3 blaster accessories that attach in both modes

F4051

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Well, Silverstreak is as pretty as the pictures have made him seem I'll enjoy the toy in bot mode for today, and then it'll go into alt-mode with the rest of the Diaclones.

The strange new angles to the box are just peculiar, though.