Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buzzworthy Bumblebee year 2 - 2022

Default Buzzworthy Bumblebee year 2 - 2022

Posted on Twitter https://twitter.com/id_armed/status/1468028978367770626

Images of a Buzzworthy Bumblebee release of SS86 Kup - with a more screen accurate chest
    and SS86 #13 Cliffjumper - but also in Buzzworthy Bumblebee packaging - the Earthrise toy with more cartoon accurate colouring and a Moonbase One backdrop

Alongside the Studio Series 70 Bumblebee figure (different head/shade of yellow version) and the Pipes and Slammer Kingdom toys

The Cliffjumper release gives more weight to the rumours that SS86 Arcee will be the Earthrise/Kingdom toy again but maybe with different paint deco... and maybe also in Buzzworthy packaging since she's on the box art?

(moved this here, as they are packaged toys at a retailer, so not a rumour)

That's really interesting.
    On the one hand, they haven't done redecoing of their re-released Studio Series toys in Buzzworthy packaging, so to have different decos now is a little annoying for those who have already bought them, but gives more choice for fans yet to buy them.
    But something else to note is that Buzzworthy re-released toys are very reliable with their usage of Studio Series numbers, especially with the toys that haven't been released yet in the regular series, so if Cliffjumper has the number 13, it will be coming out in SS86 packaging (Perceptor is 11 and Coronation Starscream is 12).

I'm kinda okay with getting a second Cliffjumper if it is a lot more cartoony coloured than the Earthrise toy, so that it goes better with the Movie cast toys... but if the one in Studio Series packaging is slightly different coloured like Kup and SS70 Mv6 Bumblebee, I just hope there will be some Buzzworthy versions still floating around when the SS86 version comes out so that I can pick the better of the two (I might still go for the SS86 one though, to keep collecting the packaging).

EDIT - some more photos found and collated on tfw.

I also just noticed from the tfw posting, the Mv6 Bumblebee (B-127), has a different head (regular head without battle-mask)... but has the same SS number, so won't be a new release in the Studio Series toyline.
    (for those wanting this "remould", it might end up being exclusive to the Buzzworthy series)

Out of box images of Cliffjumper comparing with ER Cliff. I've said this before that the not-quite-there colouring of these toys is a money-making ploy by Hasbro; down the track they release a more cartoon-styled version. I specifically remember thinking to myself, when I bought ER Cliff, they could have easily coloured him to be cartoon-accurate. And here we are...

Give me a reformatting Bombshell & Thundercracker already.

Can definitely now see them releasing Siege Springer, Earthrise Prowl, Earthrise Ironhide and maybe Earthrise Ratchet in new colours and Studio Series boxes. No need for new toys, just a more cartoony colouring (like no battle damage on Springer).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Can definitely now see them releasing Siege Springer, just a more cartoony colouring (like no battle damage on Springer).
    Oh, please do Siege Springer without that abysmal silver splatter rubbish.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Give me a reformatting Bombshell & Thundercracker already.
    What's the chances it will be Cyclonus and Scourge instead? Haven't re-used those molds enough yet.

They could have easily given Earthrise/Netflix Wheeljack this Buzzworthy/Studio Series recoloring treatment - bright white paint, no battle damage, cartoon-accurate green and red areas, "639" without any logos, grey legs and forearms and hands, grey rims, and blue windows. (And a longer shoulder rocket, but that would be an extra mold.) Watch this space...

Some in-hand images of the new Kup, but no comparison pics though.